sharetrader
Page 20 of 116 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Is this capital return of Tenon's good news for RBC.A bit of movement in the SP this morning and activity this week would suggest it is,lthough i have been wrong many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Is this capital return of Tenon's good news for RBC.A bit of movement in the SP this morning and activity this week would suggest it is,lthough i have been wrong many times before.
    It's got to be good for RBC along with dividend from Tenon....now what are they going to do with it?

That is the question for sure.
    I was thinking of buying a few more but at this stage i'm sitting on the fence and with my luck which ever way i choose it will be wrong.
    If it wasn't for bad luck,id have no luck at all.

I was just reading Brian Gaynors article on Rubicon from a few years ago yesterday and now an update.....http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11729059

What are the chances of Rubicons main men reading this and saying'''he's right'''.
    Iwould suggest none but am willing t be shocked.

What are the chances of Rubicons main men reading this and saying'''he's right'''.
    Iwould suggest none but am willing t be shocked.
    They may, but certainly not taken any notice since earlier article by Brian Gaynor, Mar 2012..http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10794164
    Last edited by ari; 15-10-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Perhaps with funds rolling into Rubicon, conditions may be right for Arborgen float.....

Float aborgen and then what for the long suffering RBC shareholders.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Float aborgen and then what for the long suffering RBC shareholders.
    It would be the last step of the puzzle to unlock value for shareholders, long term shareholders will reap the value they want so much. Everyone is being so well paid in management and directorships, I'm not sure they feel to bothered whether they do or they don't.

Lets weigh it up, Tenon is valued at $165 million, RBC own about 60% of the company so that is about $99 million worth to RBC.
    Arborgen a few years ago was valued at over $500 million (lets just use that figure), but the share price currently suffers as no one can put a solid figure on how much it is actually worth and not generating positive cashflow doesn't help. Time has passed and the business is has overall done better so could be worth even more. At about 32% ownership of that, thats $160 million of value. Add the two and you have $259 million company, at least twice its value of where it is at right now.
    It will re-rate the share value given more certainty with an Arborgen IPO even if there is no plan to sell down and everyone can make a decision and go their way.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 15-10-2016 at 05:17 PM.

At 23cps is Rubicon the buy of the year?? I guess will have to wait until the AGM in mid D ecember to see whether I will get a nice Christmas present in terms of a capital return(or not). Will keep polishing the crystal ball. In the meantime Mr Market seems uninterested