sharetrader
Page 28 of 116 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    None the wiser as to RBC.....$10m more in the coffers, so at the end of the day where to now for RBC share price?????? Certainly not the golden egg I've been in for some 12+ years!
    Good for RBC shareholders. Not so good for TEN shareholders. Especially at current prices of each.
    Another step on the long tortuous road to a value event for RBC.
    Management attention can now focus on ArborGen and the consortium has some interesting possibilities.
    Although not a smash hit, from Rubicon's perspective I think it is quite a clever deal.
    I think it is an endorsement of the potential and intention to revalue RBC.
    Last edited by biker; 14-02-2017 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Good for RBC shareholders. Not so good for TEN shareholders. Especially at current prices of each.
    Another step on the long tortuous road to a value event for RBC.
    Management attention can now focus on ArborGen and the consortium has some interesting possibilities.
    Although not a smash hit, from Rubicon's perspective I think it is quite a clever deal.
    I think it is an endorsement of the potential and intention to revalue RBC.
    Assuming that Clearwood utilizes 100% of the BNZ U$25m working capital capacity to fund its operations, the price paid of US$55m implies RBC and consortium have bought Clearwood on an enterprise multiple of 7.6 times - a cashflow return of 13.1%.

Can see the logic of RBC deciding to retain its stake in 'Tenon' (ie. Clearwood).

What should we expect in regards of RBCs share price.

Its latest review says that there will be more clarity to Rubicons value path before 30/06/17.

Banned

So does that mean instead of swimming in a swamp of algae and duckweed, investors will be able to see something like an eel or alligator approaching? Share price? I calculated earlier that based on the Tenon sale of the USA assets, the RBC price of 20c at the time meant that ArborGen had no value in the share price. I have not bothered to repeat the calculation for Tenon's more recent agreement to sell Clearwood. Not long ago this company was selling for 40c or so. In the meantime the TEN market value went up considerably while RBC's went down. I bought in twice, as a speculative investment, at much lower prices, thinking the underlying value has to come out at some stage but am becoming increasingly disllusioned about this company.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
    ......... thinking the underlying value has to come out at some stage but am becoming increasingly disllusioned about this company.
    disillusioned......I have been for many years, one of my early parcels cost .91c a share. Can't see my .44c breakeven getting close any day soon!

If ABORGEN is ever listed will there be any reasons for RBC to continue breathing especially if they can flick off Clearwood which i believe will suck RBC dry.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    If ABORGEN is ever listed will there be any reasons for RBC to continue breathing especially if they can flick off Clearwood which i believe will suck RBC dry.
    I feel rather embarrassed in my confident prediction to a friend that Rubicon would be the star performer on the NZX in 2017 and that very patient shareholders, like myself, would be rewarded.
    Have not quite hoisted the white flag of surrender yet,
    but getting close. Darn it. Is there no foreseeable hope that the true value of Arborgen will be realised and 23cps per share Rubicon Shares will be a dollar??

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I feel rather embarrassed in my confident prediction to a friend that Rubicon would be the star performer on the NZX in 2017 and that very patient shareholders, like myself, would be rewarded.
    Have not quite hoisted the white flag of surrender yet,
    but getting close. Darn it. Is there no foreseeable hope that the true value of Arborgen will be realised and 23cps per share Rubicon Shares will be a dollar??
    Looks like a Mexican stand off to me. Mainly small investors exiting keeping the price down while larger holders collect as much as they can without forcing price up. Company is now debt free or close to it and making profit. June will be very interesting as Arbogen changed their reporting period to align with their selling season. Essentially meaning Rubicon had nothing to report in December. You'd be bonkers to cash in now I'd reckon...

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Rubicon for a while couldn't get its value recognised since it was a holding company, but I think with the Tenon transaction it will benefit from owning the business directly, while Arborgen still remains a silent asset that no one knows when it'll be recognised. Hate to dampen spirits but I think we're at least another 6 months away from seeing this share price do well, but when it does you'll be skipping to the bank.