sharetrader
Page 29 of 116 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I feel rather embarrassed in my confident prediction to a friend that Rubicon would be the star performer on the NZX in 2017 and that very patient shareholders, like myself, would be rewarded.
    Have not quite hoisted the white flag of surrender yet,
    but getting close. Darn it. Is there no foreseeable hope that the true value of Arborgen will be realised and 23cps per share Rubicon Shares will be a dollar??
    The following is from the interim report:-

Rubicon
    Our very immediate objectives are to –
    • See a positive conclusion to the Tenon Strategic Review and Clearwood sales process; and
    • Reach agreement with our ArborGen partners as to the appropriate funding and value extraction plan going forward.
    Once those two matters are behind us, the value path for Rubicon will be much clearer for shareholders. We would expect this clarity will emerge prior to 30 June this year.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Looks like the one big seller (alerted to by directors at the ASM) has withdrawn for the moment?

No luck getting hold of stock now for those who missed the opportunity to load up when the seller was keeping a lid on the sp.
    Nope, still selling...

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Nope, still selling...
    Just read a report from Sandell Asset Management from 2011 concerning Tenon Rubicon and Arborgen. Back then it valued Rubicon between 1.35 (nz) and 1.65 once an IPO of Arborgen is completed; and/or a reverse takeover occurs.
    Now wouldnt THAT be a nice reward for RBC shareholders, Heres hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Just read a report from Sandell Asset Management from 2011 concerning Tenon Rubicon and Arborgen. Back then it valued Rubicon between 1.35 (nz) and 1.65 once an IPO of Arborgen is completed; and/or a reverse takeover occurs.
    Now wouldnt THAT be a nice reward for RBC shareholders, Heres hoping.
    I have often referred back to that article.........and dreamed.

I'M thinking that should the SP ever rise above 40c there will be a mad rush to get out.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    I'M thinking that should the SP ever rise above 40c there will be a mad rush to get out.
    I'm sure that will be the case.

The SP at the moment barely covers the value of Clearwood.

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Outside thinking.

I consider RBC as worth a rather risky punt and recently started to nibble away at a small holding..... for better or worse.

Last year I did well out of the Tenon sale process and have reinvested some of my gains in RBC as a pure punt.

It may well be that RBC needs to be revalued when you consider;

1.) RBC used the proceeds of the Tenon sale return to repay $20 mill of bank debt and at end Dec 2016 only had $7 mill unsecured debt outstanding. In addition, at end Dec it reportedly held $20 mill in cash.

2.) RBC are on record as saying "their investment in ArborGen is to be re-evaluated and likely to reach EBITDA breakeven this financial year" and RBC's goal is to "reach agreement with our ArborGen partners re appropriate funding and value extraction."

I'm looking forward to some news from this company re its future direction before I invest further or discard.

Puriri Pete

So tomorrow Tenon's patient shareholders will receive their latest capital repayment from the sale of Clearwood. It will be interesting to see if any of those funds find their way into RBC. If so it might help to mop up the present overhang and provide positive direction to the share price.

It's definitely one to hang onto awhile longer.
    Last edited by Puriri Pete; 27-04-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Interesting details for failed Arborgen IPO 7 years ago http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/c...c-838281-65315 alot of water has gone under the bridge (pun unintended) since then, surely it has to be a go, if only to see what it's true value is.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Have I just bought the last RBC shares ever to be sold as low as 22.5c ?

Disclosure 1. Wishful thinking.
    Disclosure 2. A RBC shareholder with LOTS of patience.
    Disclosure 3. Waiting for the second coming (of RBC)
    Disclosure 4. Believing the pending sale of TEN will be the spark
    to set RBC alight
    Obviously not! Can't resist these at 22c so have bought more.