sharetrader
Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

I don't see why Rubicon should have any overheads. Mr Moriarty should be able to run the outfit from his laptop on the back porch, copying and pasteing the interim and annual report text and diagrams year by year from the previous ones.
    What a sad state of a company at the moment. Sitting on stakes in ArborGen and Tenon and doing absolutely nothing else to increase value for shareholders.
    The only dim light on the horizon is the possible ArborGen IPO, but with absolutely no information on possible timing, any real reason now for the delay, and an exchange rate which they obviously have no cover for, it is making the Board and Management appear to be a bunch of lethargic and incompetent wishful thinkers.

Same old....
    https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3359559
    still a long wait for anything tangible......almost sounds like it was written to appease disgruntled watchers like on this forum.

If they can also IPO ArborGen, calendar 2014 could/should be a very good year for Rubicon.

Then again, I could also be an incompetent wishful thinker.

All IMO DYOR

https://nzx.com/companies/RBC/announcements/220788

This announcement was made back in March 2012. Given that the regulatory approval process has been shortened to 13 - 16 months, we should be hearing something regarding the approval for Eucalyptus very soon. Maybe then this dog will get a kick.

But then again, this dog is lazy and bloated, so I won't hold my breath.

They still require IPO for expansion, I predicted it would be in the 1st 1/4 '13, certainly got that wrong!

Todays NBR has an article about Rubicon in the Shoeshine column. I don't think it's accessible on line, but it's worth a read.

It basically makes the point that as a result of the improving US housing market and equity markets, Rubicon's time may be about to come again. Quotes an analyst report indicating a Tenon shareprice value of over $2, and Rubicon shareprice target of 57c to 84c.

The article is resonably optomistic but we have been here before and I guess time will tell. In the mean time, I won't get my hopes up.

Edison Investment summary....
    Rubicon's investments in Tenon (an NZ-listed, US-focused appearance wood product distributor) and ArborGen (an international developer and supplier of advanced forestry seedlings) offer strong growth profiles and leading positions in their respective markets. Both will benefit from the US housing upturn in the near term. We see upside for Rubicon to NZ$0.84 per share (two-thirds or NZ$0.57 in existing markets, one-third from new ones).

I see the SCUM are on the prowl again with an offer @ .10c a share...YEAH RIGHT!
    And as Sourmouth would say......because they can!

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    I see the SCUM are on the prowl again with an offer @ .10c a share...YEAH RIGHT!
    And as Sourmouth would say......because they can!
    Yeah. I got one too. Their figures were way out of date. I topped up about 6 months ago, but they still had my old holding. Wouldn't get to worked up about it. Just file it in the bin, and forget about it.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    anyone want to take a trip across the ditch with a shovel, some lime, rope, grass seed and a nice bottle of vodka?
    Nicely put moosie :-)