sharetrader
Page 39 of 116 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Decided to join you guys @ 23c .... be great to see the Buying pressure push towards my swing trade sell

T/A looks positive through 30-60 MA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

I was following Rubicon in the past and didn’t follow much lately. Do they have a strong case for a turnaround situation? Thanks.

Cool Come on RBC

Quote Originally Posted by MARKETWINNER View Post
    I was following Rubicon in the past and didn’t follow much lately. Do they have a strong case for a turnaround situation? Thanks.
    I think so ...as I'm planning on a ST trade T/A is much more important (will need the funds for other purchase next month)

As others have stated the latest news is very positive ...being able to raise a good chunk of cash close to SP is always a bullish sign IMHO ....

As we can see from the "depth chart" the Bids far outway what's left on market to buy >>>

170630083445.png

Personal think this will move to the upper band of the 1yr trading range 20c-26c (and have fixed my sell order to suit)
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Picking attractive individual stocks separated from the broader market can give good returns specially market likes today.
    Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I think so ...as I'm planning on a ST trade T/A is much more important (will need the funds for other purchase next month)

As others have stated the latest news is very positive ...being able to raise a good chunk of cash close to SP is always a bullish sign IMHO ....

As we can see from the "depth chart" the Bids far outway what's left on market to buy >>>

170630083445.png

Personal think this will move to the upper band of the 1yr trading range 20c-26c (and have fixed my sell order to suit)

Anyone have thoughts on the allocation of new shares today?

Quote Originally Posted by Topagent View Post
    Anyone have thoughts on the allocation of new shares today?
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/RBC/announcements/303321

Puriri Pete

The larger of these two investments came from Libra Fund LP, now holding 17.64% of RBC, which is owned by Mr Ranjan Tandon. He recently donated $US100m to New York University and is worth a google search.

Presumably he's not supporting Rubicon for philanthropic reasons and can see value in Arborgen's business.

https://nzx.com/companies/RBC/announcements/303524

Quote Originally Posted by Puriri Pete View Post
    The larger of these two investments came from Libra Fund LP, now holding 17.64% of RBC, which is owned by Mr Ranjan Tandon. He recently donated $US100m to New York University and is worth a google search.

Presumably he's not supporting Rubicon for philanthropic reasons and can see value in Arborgen's business.

https://nzx.com/companies/RBC/announcements/303524
    US$1.5 billion AUM so plenty of fire-power to buy more to take to 20%.

A hedge fund so with an investment like RBC, will be looking for several baggers at least from RBC.

Has any members got access to the NBR paid content.
    Headline in there todays says
    COMPLEX ACCOUNTING IN BIG VALUE GAP FOR RUBICON.
    Rest of Arborgen acquired for US$167 mill below carring value.

Puriri Pete

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    Has any members got access to the NBR paid content.
    Headline in there todays says
    COMPLEX ACCOUNTING IN BIG VALUE GAP FOR RUBICON.
    Rest of Arborgen acquired for US$167 mill below carring value.

In summary, Rubicon's 31.7% stake in Arborgen is in their books at USD91m yet they picked up the other 68.3% from the partners for only USD29m. This implies a disparity, however Rubicon says because they had pre-emptive purchase rights the transaction was not completed at open market value. Consequently RBC's accountants and auditors will now need to spend several months working on what new valuation should now be given to the business. Significantly Rubicon does not anticipate a material change in its accounting equity to occur.