sharetrader
Page 40 of 116 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by Puriri Pete View Post
    In summary, Rubicon's 31.7% stake in Arborgen is in their books at USD91m yet they picked up the other 68.3% from the partners for only USD29m. This implies a disparity, however Rubicon says because they had pre-emptive purchase rights the transaction was not completed at open market value. Consequently RBC's accountants and auditors will now need to spend several months working on what new valuation should now be given to the business. Significantly Rubicon does not anticipate a material change in its accounting equity to occur.
    A positive confirmation that looking ahead past RBC balance date in September and Arbogen in March the RBC share price at around 23c is grossly undervalued.
    The realisation of value in RBC has taken an awfully long time but it is now picking up momentum in the right direction. A way to go yet and more patience required but a clearer way forward is now more evident than ever.
    The market doesn't want to know about it as yet but it eventually will.
    At 23c the reward/risk ratio is a rapidly growing number.
    All IMHO of course.
    Last edited by biker; 24-07-2017 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Balance dates

Default Surprised RBC isn't getting Buying interest

Buyers want on board but don't want to stump up another half a cent !!!! ..new valuation should be much higher than what the slow NZX seems to want to kick into gear.... No divi - No interest it seems ....Is NZ investors so yield focused ?

We kiwis certainly love nothing more than to leverage to the hilt into overvalued Negative geared property investments

170706115534.png
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Buyers want on board but don't want to stump up another half a cent !!!! ..new valuation should be much higher than what the slow NZX seems to want to kick into gear.... No divi - No interest it seems ....Is NZ investors so yield focused ?

We kiwis certainly love nothing more than to leverage to the hilt into overvalued Negative geared property investments

170706115534.png
    Years of depleting sentiment + the likes of Third Ave dumping shares. Patience in the last year or so has seen the share price come to the buyer…

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    I'd like to be excited by the purchase of Arborgen but given the lack of new information it's hard for me to see how RBC is actually undervalued.

Has anyone out there actually ever seen financial reports for Arborgen? All I've ever seen is the executive highlights in the annual report. And reporting date has been shifted out to September so that's 3 months longer to wait.

And we're supposed to believe that Arborgen (and hence Rubicon) is worth loads more than RBC just paid for Arborgen? This doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something?

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I'd like to be excited by the purchase of Arborgen but given the lack of new information it's hard for me to see how RBC is actually undervalued.

Has anyone out there actually ever seen financial reports for Arborgen? All I've ever seen is the executive highlights in the annual report. And reporting date has been shifted out to September so that's 3 months longer to wait.

And we're supposed to believe that Arborgen (and hence Rubicon) is worth loads more than RBC just paid for Arborgen? This doesn't make sense to me. Am I missing something?
    Well if you want to debate valuation heres 180 page case about it from the court proceedings at the end of 2015, all info from insiders of the company in a court of law.

http://globaljusticeecology.org/wp-c..._decision1.pdf

There was this quotation
    "Under Defendant Burton's analysis, an ArborGen valuation in 2010 of $420 million"
    Valuation expert: "Mr. Pomerantz's opinion was that the worth or equity value of ArborGen as of June 1,2010, was $650,000,000"

"Rubicon's presentation to its shareholders in December 2013 represents the value of ArborGen to be $660 million."
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 06-07-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Well if you want to debate valuation heres 180 page case about it from the court proceedings at the end of 2015, all info from insiders of the company in a court of law.

http://globaljusticeecology.org/wp-c..._decision1.pdf

There was this quotation
    "Under Defendant Burton's analysis, an ArborGen valuation in 2010 of $420 million"

"Rubicon's presentation to its shareholders in December 2013 represents the value of ArborGen to be $660 million."
    Shhhhh sb888!

Have been happily accumulating at 22c to 23c for this potential 10 bagger!

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Shhhhh sb888!

Haha thats no problem, its like sticking gum under the table, few people checking under the table for now even though its pretty evident its there. Still massive wall of shares for sale and no sign of it letting down.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Shhhhh sb888!

Aw come on Balance, thats not going to help my cause. For a brief second there I was in the green. Pesky red arrow back again...

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Aw come on Balance, thats not going to help my cause. For a brief second there I was in the green. Pesky red arrow back again...
    I recall investing in Tenon at between $1.08 and $1.24, and same pesky sellers kept providing stock - sometimes right after I bought, they sent the stock down 5c!

So here's hoping same scenario is playing out.

Shhhhh sb888!

I might be a bit thick however i gotta ask,whats a 10 bagger.
    Two years in the fifth form can do that.