sharetrader
Page 41 of 116 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    I might be a bit thick however i gotta ask,whats a 10 bagger.
    Two years in the fifth form can do that.
    1000% return on capital invested
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

So different to a double bagger then...

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/RBC

Third Ave claiming they're not selling

"Details of the transactions or other events requiring disclosure: The
    change in percentage held was not caused by transactions initiated by TAM but rather
    the change in issued share capital of the Company on July 7, 2017."

“For this disclosure,--
    (a) total number held in class: 44,091,741
    For last disclosure,--
    (a) total number held in class: 45,641,558”

Disregard the 1.5m sell down accounting for 20% of the supply for that period.
    Last edited by t.rexjr; 11-07-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Are they still selling?

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/markets/NZSX/securities/RBC

Third Ave claiming they're not selling

"Details of the transactions or other events requiring disclosure: The
    change in percentage held was not caused by transactions initiated by TAM but rather
    the change in issued share capital of the Company on July 7, 2017."

“For this disclosure,--
    (a) total number held in class: 44,091,741
    For last disclosure,--
    (a) total number held in class: 45,641,558”

Disregard the 1.5m sell down accounting for 20% of the supply for that period.
    I know what you are saying, but if RBC hadn't issued those shares, they would not have had to disclose their selling, i.e less than 1% movement would not yet require disclose

NBR headline this morning
    RUBICON BIG SHAREHOLDERS JUMP THE QUEUE
    Anyone know what this is about.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    NBR headline this morning
    RUBICON BIG SHAREHOLDERS JUMP THE QUEUE
    Anyone know what this is about.
    Just Tim Hunter belatedly musing on the current situation and placement. Nothing we didn't already know or, if you follow or are invested in the company hadn't already considered.
    Last edited by biker; 14-07-2017 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Just Tim Hunter belatedly musing on the current situation and placement. Nothing we didn't already know or, if you follow or are invested in the company hadn't already considered.
    I actually think this is a fair deal for all.

RBC can hardly go to shareholders with a rights issue without inviting severe criticism, and what better way for the big shareholders to show confidence and support than by pumping in the US$12.5m.

As to the placement price of 21.78c, hardly a huge discount to what is readily available to the market at 22.5c to 23c.

Meanwhile, Third Avenue continues to supply plenty of stock at 23c (1c above previous selling levels by them) so still plenty of opportunity for those who believe this can be a 10 bagger.

BTW, great to have Tim Hunter of NBR keep the spotlight on the directors and management - their track record of disclosures leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I actually think this is a fair deal for all.

RBC can hardly go to shareholders with a rights issue without inviting severe criticism, and what better way for the big shareholders to show confidence and support than by pumping in the US$12.5m.

As to the placement price of 21.78c, hardly a huge discount to what is readily available to the market at 22.5c to 23c.

Meanwhile, Third Avenue continues to supply plenty of stock at 23c (1c above previous selling levels by them) so still plenty of opportunity for those who believe this can be a 10 bagger.

BTW, great to have Tim Hunter of NBR keep the spotlight on the directors and management - their track record of disclosures leaves a lot to be desired.
    I agree and a rights issue would have been a disaster.
    Libra did after all pay around 40c for their earlier shareholding. I think board and management have been judicious in the way they have raised capital over the last few years and I think their communication, especially around Arborgen has been constrained by the previous shareholder structure.
    i'm hoping the Rubicon end of year results will give an indication of just how good this latest deal has been.
    Last edited by biker; 24-07-2017 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Libra not Liberty and Rubicon end of year not Arbogen

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    I agree and a rights issue would have been a disaster.
    Libra did after all pay around 40c for their earlier shareholding. I think board and management have been judicious in the way they have raised capital over the last few years and I think their communication, especially around Arborgen has been constrained by the previous shareholder structure.
    i'm hoping the Arborgen end of year results will give an indication of just how good this latest deal has been.
    Interesting to note that Aborgen generated revenues of $11.1m in 2010 and loss of $14.2m (as disclosed in the IPO docs at that time) but latest RBC review expect revenues to increase to more than $40m, and for EBITDA to be breakeven.

Here's hoping that operating leverage will kick in and Aborgen starts making profits from 2018 - it has been a long long road for Fletcher shareholders.