sharetrader
Page 42 of 116 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Interesting to note that Aborgen generated revenues of $11.1m in 2010 and loss of $14.2m (as disclosed in the IPO docs at that time) but latest RBC review expect revenues to increase to more than $40m, and for EBITDA to be breakeven.

Here's hoping that operating leverage will kick in and Aborgen starts making profits from 2018 - it has been a long long road for Fletcher shareholders.
    Hindered by the 53m employment settlement and the storms that devastated 15' US crop and continued to effect the 16' germination...
    There was talk of a land sell down and an end of the heavy development spending.
    We should be at the start of a new future. The numbers off seedlings being sold and yet still we're only talking EBITDA break even has me pondering if the value of the product is the biggest hurdle

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Hindered by the 53m employment settlement and the storms that devastated 15' US crop and continued to effect the 16' germination...
    There was talk of a land sell down and an end of the heavy development spending.
    We should be at the start of a new future. The numbers off seedlings being sold and yet still we're only talking EBITDA break even has me pondering if the value of the product is the biggest hurdle
    From memory that 53m settlement was vacated in its entirety by the courts.

Quote Originally Posted by beetills View Post
    From memory that 53m settlement was vacated in its entirety by the courts.
    t.rexjr referring to one of the reasons why the IPO was pulled?

Could very well prove to be a good thing - if the pulled IPO resulted in the other two shareholders losing interest, and have now sold to RBC under original shareholders' agreement.
    Last edited by Balance; 17-07-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Public opposition to ArborGen's GE eucalyptus: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO170...s-ge-trees.htm

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    Public opposition to ArborGen's GE eucalyptus: http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO170...s-ge-trees.htm
    That explains a lot...

Anti GE sentiment is spanner loose stuff though. I'm all for controlling deregulation and in this case it may or may not have merit. But what would you prefer. The human appetite is growing. Do we encourage farming that minimises impact or squash those attempts at improving sustainability and continue farming in a manor that has high impact. People fear GE simply because they don't understand it. It's easy to insight fear when attacking people's emotions. I see the rain forest club we're a major source of signatures. Happy to pull down more rainforest than come up with alternatives I guess.

(disclaimer: hippy at heart, just not dumb about it)

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Why does it matter where the tree originates when the purpose is to chop it down anyway? There is meat made in a lab these days too, its all for practicality and needed if humanity are going to be able to cope with demand of more resources in the future.

What are the risks that the USDA doesn't approve ArborGen's deregulation demand?

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Anti GE sentiment is spanner loose stuff though. I'm all for controlling deregulation and in this case it may or may not have merit. But what would you prefer. The human appetite is growing. Do we encourage farming that minimises impact or squash those attempts at improving sustainability and continue farming in a manor that has high impact. People fear GE simply because they don't understand it. It's easy to insight fear when attacking people's emotions. I see the rain forest club we're a major source of signatures. Happy to pull down more rainforest than come up with alternatives I guess.

(disclaimer: hippy at heart, just not dumb about it)
    Honest disclosure

hippy at heart, just not dumb about it .....especially if there is a buck in for me
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    What are the risks that the USDA doesn't approve ArborGen's deregulation demand?
    Wake the board members up by asking them directly for a response