sharetrader
Page 6 of 116 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    9.30am way out at Waipuna. But I will try and make it. What kind of biker are you? Harley or pedal power. Leathers or Lycra. If you want to say hello........I'm the guy with the golden earing. Hoping for a bit more than a cup of tea and a yawn. Chocolate lammingtons would be nice.
    Didn't see you there zigzag but didn't hang around for the tea and tiny cakes.
    Was happy with what I heard. A big push to enhance ArborGen's fundamentals with what I took to be an intention, all things going well, of progressing an IPO in 2014.
    I'm picking late in the second half of the calander year, but the better the shape of ArborGen the greater the success of the IPO and they obviously want to make sure it is fully ready which seems reasonable to me and hopefully worth the wait.
    It would seem from the answer to a question from the floor that the initial aborted IPO attempt was to be based on hype and next time around will be based on more solid fundamentals.
    Also in answer to someone's question to Hugh Fletcher on why he bought a million shares at the end of November, he said he was selling what he saw as some overpriced shares and buying in to underpriced ones.

A bit of the same old same old but I think things are gradually coming together for TEN and ArborGen and 2014 could and should, be a much better year at last, for Rubicon.

Disc. hold a few so I'm biased.
    Last edited by biker; 05-12-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo

Damn. Muddled over this all morning. Congrats Holders

Oh -now see 2 small trades did it.
    Well, hopefully this may spur some interest

Just back on computer.........well bugger me day's $12k+ with a couple of trades...always in for the ride, be nice if it stayed!

Think someone pushed the wrong button!
    Last edited by ari; 05-12-2013 at 03:55 PM.

That's looking more solid...let's hope it will hold this time!

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Indeed , im sure this article played a massive role today.

"Rubicon worth twice share price, say experts"

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11185247

Thank's for that silverb.......Edison have been saying that for sometime and finally Herald pick it up. It had to happen eventually with US housing on the up. All we need now is for Arbogen to turn the corner, although there will be an IPO to get there.

Yeah lets hope its up and up from here.

I found this article with this part, whiching interestingly states "ArborGen float by July 1, 2014"

2012 article of course though, but it would be a good sign if things are going according to their plan.

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/rubicon-raise-21m-1-3-rights-issue-wb-120411
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 13-01-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Had some time to do a small valuation.

Tenon (RBC own 59%) at current $1.48 (today price) = $57 million
    (mind you edison did put a value of $2.24 to $2.50, but we will just do current market value for accuracy)

ArborGen (RBC owns 31.67%) at valuation of 794 million NZD = 251 million
    (all figures rounded except %)

Taking 308 million valuation divide by the current 379,719,975 shares gives valuation of 0.81 cents per share.

Even if I take a very conservative approach (given ArborGen value may have changed) and say both companies are worth $250 million we would still get 0.658 cents. Seems theres very good value based on valuation of companies owned.
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 13-01-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Not a bad day for RBC, good awareness made on the stock worth. Some decent depth building in the forties zone. Has held up throughout the day and staying round the high mid forties. Volumes being quite high today is no surprise, might see a slight pull back tomorrow on volumes, but my bet would be another push a bit more upwards pass to the fifties zone. Value is there, let's see it realised!
    Last edited by silverblizzard888; 13-01-2014 at 04:35 PM.