sharetrader
Page 61 of 116 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Well Endowed View Post
    1.5c bid ask spread, combined with a lull in news has seen this drift a bit lower in my view.

With the trading update due soon, could be back on the trajectory from a month ago and perhaps challenge 30c in the medium term. I'd be happy if it spends another month around these levels (awaiting funds) as a topup is on the cards.

discl: Hold.
    I think the drift in SP shows how little faith and patience the market has with the RBC and it's Directors and wants them to follow words with real results. I do believe they finally are but the market is very impatient with them and understandably so. Meanwhile this share will be very volatile.
    Discl: Hold a few

This also has to play out first....Rubicon needs to make the final two deferred-settlement payments in
    relation to the recent acquisition of 100% of ArborGen and to repay its
    outstanding subordinated notes. These payments are to occur prior to 1 July
    2018, and total US$21 million. Completion of the proposed transaction will
    ensure there are no funding calls on Rubicon shareholders in order to be
    able to make these payments, which in turn should remove any RBC share-price
    'overhang' that may exist in that regard;

As a holder I'm not too concerned about this drop. I am more pleased that there is actually some attention being paid to it. For so long there is often no trades at all in a day.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    As a holder I'm not too concerned about this drop. I am more pleased that there is actually some attention being paid to it. For so long there is often no trades at all in a day.
    Yes reasonable liquidity.

Investor

Spend some time reading, researching about this company recently and with some help from friendly member left field.

Looked quite impressive to me and also potential this offers. Also read few comments from other fellow members on this thread. Very insightful comments and analysis.

Couldn't help myself dipping my toes on this one. I think lot of patience is required on this one and could do very well over next two years or so. So its a very long term play for me here.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Spend some time reading, researching about this company recently and with some help from friendly member left field.

Looked quite impressive to me and also potential this offers. Also read few comments from other fellow members on this thread. Very insightful comments and analysis.

Couldn't help myself dipping my toes on this one. I think lot of patience is required on this one and could do very well over next two years or so. So its a very long term play for me here.
    Certainly will be a long play but like Tenon, could be very rewarding as it is a stock largely ignored by NZ institutions.

You should read through the Tenon thread to get an appreciation of how cynical and skeptical the NZ market is about the two ugly ducklings left over from the breakup of Fletcher Challenge group in 2000!

Some of us were very happy to pick up Tenon even though the stock hardly did anything for quite a while. When it started moving, it was most rewarding indeed.

Outside thinking.

Good on you sb9, welcome to the RBC fan club. Nice to see that RBC gets your tick of approval after such careful research.

Time will tell just how 'well positioned' we are.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Good on you sb9, welcome to the RBC fan club. Nice to see that RBC gets your tick of approval after such careful research.

Time will tell just how 'well positioned' we are.
    Thanks lf, i'm no expert just learning as we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Certainly will be a long play but like Tenon, could be very rewarding as it is a stock largely ignored by NZ institutions.

You should read through the Tenon thread to get an appreciation of how cynical and skeptical the NZ market is about the two ugly ducklings left over from the breakup of Fletcher Challenge group in 2000!

Some of us were very happy to pick up Tenon even though the stock hardly did anything for quite a while. When it started moving, it was most rewarding indeed.
    Will do Balance, thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

You could do us a favour and top up at $0.25. Last sale was 24.5 but my dang ANZ securities account has my holding locked on $0.240

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    You could do us a favour and top up at $0.25. Last sale was 24.5 but my dang ANZ securities account has my holding locked on $0.240
    Sorry mate, already got my order filled in few days back