sharetrader
Page 73 of 116 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast

Thread: Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Could some kind person walk this very patient Rubicon shareholder through the process should Arborgen be floated in the USA and how value would flow to NZ shareholders.
    Rubicon is already pretty much Arborgen, but with the residual potential liabilities etc etc of being a depository of all kinds of left-overs from the breakup of Fletcher Challenge in the dark days of breakup.

A float of Arbogen on its own will be the only way that US investors will embrace the stock - US board, US management and principally US shareholders.

So the float will release value to RBC and what RBC shareholders get will be a capital repayment of said value, less any residual liabilities and winding up costs.

That's my understanding.

Others may have other views and understandings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Could some kind person walk this very patient Rubicon shareholder through the process should Arborgen be floated in the USA and how value would flow to NZ shareholders.
    Back in 2013 the Chairman said "In terms of ArborGen, our objective is clear – i.e. to have the company independentlylisted on an international stock exchange." Today there seems to be doubt about that objective. But if it remains, a decision needs to be made on just which Stock exchange to list on. That exchange will have its own rules like minimum revenue, number of free shareholders size of capital etc.

If listing is no longer n the agenda then I expect that another way of "And, as a result, value recognition over time well beyond that currentlyimplied within Rubicon’s share price today, should result." wil be

Every little bit helps.....at least Arborgen is at the front end of the growing cycle...https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12074112

From todays presentation

“The productivity revolution in agriculture will be repeated in forestry... the agriculture ‘winner’ was the First-Mover” likening Rubicon with Monsanto. Brave thought leading paradigm shifting words

Apparently “ArborGen is well positioned” – those are words we like to hear!

Current share price = $0.25. Annual report Book value = $0.43. Mid case value $0.98.

Another presentation, which is a bit of a mess like the Annual Report. But likely worth spending the time and going through the detail. Its quite interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    From todays presentation

“The productivity revolution in agriculture will be repeated in forestry... the agriculture ‘winner’ was the First-Mover” likening Rubicon with Monsanto. Brave thought leading paradigm shifting words

Apparently “ArborGen is well positioned” – those are words we like to hear!

Current share price = $0.25. Annual report Book value = $0.43. Mid case value $0.98.

Another presentation, which is a bit of a mess like the Annual Report. But likely worth spending the time and going through the detail. Its quite interesting!
    A bit like a Pacific Edge preso
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

A quick flick thru shows plenty of positives,now for a real read of it.
    Is it enough to encourage a sp spurt?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hmm - maybe a bit harsh. They seem to be delivering on what they said they would. The test will be will they keep delivering. Hopefully no hurricane excuses this year - other than that there should be no opportunity for excuse. I'm comfortable with current holding but want to see a bit more progress before I would consider buying more.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The bit that got me slightly concerned was I asked Moriarty at the last AGM if he knew David Darling. Yes he said, used to be a student of mine.....

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    The bit that got me slightly concerned was I asked Moriarty at the last AGM if he knew David Darling. Yes he said, used to be a student of mine.....
    That’s so cool
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Just checked the market price and cap on both RBC and PEB. They are almost identical. Spooky.