sharetrader
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Herald
    SocGen's Executive Chairman Daniel Bouton compared the bank's downfall to a Greek tragedy as Kerviel desperately attempted to conceal his huge bets on a fall in stock market prices, but only deepened his predicament in the process.
    Kerviel was able for months to keep one step ahead of his supervisors by manipulating fictitious trades and evading checks like "a mutating virus", Bouton said in an interview with Paris daily Le Figaro published on Saturday.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

These ads for an American Mortgage company are really funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8s6qFrW8Y

Heather Mills an 'insatiable' sex maniac

....an interesting read

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4399421a1860.html

"Heather has a very unusual erogenous zone - her stump. I used to massage one particular area and it gave her an orgasm."

Before I read this article I didn't think I had anything in common with her

Smile Maori Technology.....

After having dug to a depth of 10 meters last year, British scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the POMS, in the weeks that followed, Australian scientists dug to a depth of 20 meters, and shortly after, headlines in the Aussie newspapers read: "Australian archaeologists have found traces of 150 year old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network 50 years earlier than the Brits.

One week later, Maori TV reported the following: "After digging as deep as 30 meters in his backyard in Te Kuiti, Hone Waiata, a King Country Kaumatua, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Hone has therefore concluded that 300 years ago Maori had already gone wireless.

Default THE GFC explained

Some say the Global Finance Crisis (GFC) began in East Africa when a rogue monkey trader defaulted on a subprime banana futures derivative deal...

http://www.nbr.co.nz/home/column_art...me=NBR+Comment

Thanks Peat - very enlightening - and mostly true I suspect.....

.........In Auckland, the main knock-on effect has been a marked increase in traffic congestion. A reason-for-travel survey of motorists reveals that 57.5% are driving around the city trying to get their money back.

Of them, 22% are looking for their finance company's new location and 35.5% are searching for the new apartment they thought they were renting out in the CBD.

The balance of drivers surveyed are engaged in the city's other main economic activities - delivering pizza or running pre-wrinkled clothes out to the airport for newly-arrived ironing franchisees...........

Default Time and a Turd

Woman sat on boyfriend's toilet for two years

Thursday, 13 March, 2008
    A US woman’s skin had to be surgically removed, after she spent two years on a toilet

US authorities are considering charging a man whose girlfriend sat on his toilet for two years, and ended up stuck there when her skin eventually grew around the plastic seat.

Sheriff Bryan Whipple in Ness City, Texas, says she initially refused emergency medical services, but was finally convinced by police, medical officers and her boyfriend to go to hospital.

He says they had to break the seat off the toilet, and doctors at the hospital removed it from her skin.

Sheriff Whipple says the boyfriend told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

Her reply would be, 'Maybe tomorrow'.

The boyfriend eventually called police on February 27 and the county attorney will decide whether any charges should be filed against him.

http://news.sbs.com.au/worldnewsaust...o_years_542679

guess she felt a little bogged down in the relationship

(sorry, but it had to be said)