sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What’s happening to share price today .....it was meant to be recovering
    Dow was down -1.27%

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Dow was down -1.27%

China also continued it's slide which is now down a whopping 43% for the year. It's seems there is some real economic risk weighing in on China and if things go pear-shape there perhaps some mothers will think twice about spend $100 on IF.

Outside thinking.

Even if the IF China market is $20 billion how come A2 have over 5% share when their total sales worldwide are just over $1 billion now ( and this includes ordinary milk and other stuff as well as IF)
    Also what you think of Danone saying China slack as in the September quarter (sales down 20%)
    As I've been trying to say.... I believe ATM's published/audited sales figs and NZ IF export stats (up 40%), BUT I'm cynical of the Total China IF market figs, I reckon it is currently lower than the $20 b. (I seem to recall the oft quoted $20 b figure was a future estimated fig..... possibly FY20?)

Re Danone - I can't comment, but would like to think that A2 milk is preferred due to the tendency for Asian tummy's as opposed to A1 based products such as Danone...... but there could be many other factors, price, availability, channels of distribution etc. The only thing I take from the news is that once again A2 is doing a great job in a difficult market.

Re latest price slump - I agree with allfromacell, the China share market and financial markets are struggling and the trade wars are just starting. This may have market implications for ATM in second half FY19. However, China may give priority to non USA trading partners. See this article. https://edition.cnn.com/2018/10/18/i...ion/index.html
    Last edited by Leftfield; 19-10-2018 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Include article ref.

Guru

Jeez ...LinkedIn tells me that some dude at A2 did a search and my name came up

Just waiting for the job offer ....maybe Jaynes job
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Jeez ...LinkedIn tells me that some dude at A2 did a search and my name came up

Just waiting for the job offer ....maybe Jaynes job
    Haha my mrs gets these search notifications all the time from big NZ companies.

One thing to add to the future of ATM. Has anyone taken the 10% drop in the last 6 months for the NZ dollar into account. We could see a 10% increase in the bottom line. Maybe $300+ million profit.
    Last edited by Ggcc; 20-10-2018 at 01:58 PM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/australia/c...92&sh=b30a7e09

A2 Platinum still flying off the shelves in this video. Lots of commenters saying formula is sold out by pre orders at super markets in Aus before it even hits the shelves.

Sales continue to go gangbusters in China too, with a 10% increase in market share in 3 months sales must be excellent. Not long until we get the 4 month trading update at the AGM and shorts now up over 5% this is setting up nicely for a squeeze if the update surprises on the upside.

But if a down day on the ASX so far today

Maybe not a good start to the week for us