sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    My employer has never stopped me from talking on my holidays either. I fail to see what the problem is here?
    Have you got a second Job? Does your boss let you take time off work to do your second job. Would he/she let you have a third job? Are you getting up in front of the media and making speeches in your third job.

Directors often have a few director positions simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    This company will succeed despite Herd Licker, it's that good a company, I have no idea how anyone will be able to tell what she has done to make it any better or would a monkey achieve the same result?
    Perhaps. I guess you are right - as long as a company does well and is in calm waters, it does not really matter whether they put a monkey at the helm.

As well - it typically takes 5 years for the input of a CEO (whether good or bad) to trickle through the organisation - i.e. the next four years should be still quite safe particularly if the company has plain sailing.

However - a bad CEO is well able to make a ship over time unseaworthy, and I have seen companies which went belly up thanks to incompetent but smooth talking CEO's ... and Jane well might well be one of these high flyers. Just important for her to jump to the next job before the damage becomes visible. How often in the past did she stay longer than 5 years in the same job? Did she ever?

Not sure which value she added to Jetstar ... and not sure either what she could add to A2 milk. However, if we take best case and assume that she won't do damage as some seem to think, than I am wondering why the company pays her many millions per year for doing - nothing. Hire a good looking starlet - pleasant to look at and much cheaper.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Directors often have a few director positions simultaneously.
    You wouldn't expect a Director to be a "full time" job so as long as they can handle the governance responsibilities I have no problem with that.

Not so many of them hold multi directorships as well a CEO roles for one of the country's 5th largest corporation.

I guess we can presume whenever the Australian Open is on Jayne will be "on leave" with her ATM "out-of-office" on.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Have you got a second Job? Does your boss let you take time off work to do your second job. Would he/she let you have a third job? Are you getting up in front of the media and making speeches in your third job.
    No I don't, but colleagues do. I'm in the scientific world, and second jobs with a university, or professional body, or journal would be pretty normal. My employer is always delighted if I go and talk at a conference even though I'm not employed as a researcher. It's all about developing your skills and networking I guess, and it all adds to your main role and the reputation of the department.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    Does anyone know when herdlicker is due to get more shares? Im looking for an in.
    Are you surprised no one answered this? She said she's going to sell her holdings when the vest. It's upto to shareholders to be onto the details, like when those shares vest, how many (lots more than last time) and what window insiders can sell into, and whether there's another time after that. I look at as opportunity to buy as well, there will no doubt be the same vitriol and negative sentiment as before, maybe more next time. People say DYODD, they mean it, DYODD.

Guru

big sell of atm , ideas please.

Fairly normal volume 7.7m and au was about 24m. People were over zealous in the past few weeks 10.50 to 12.50

Farmgate price down. china panic.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    big sell of atm , ideas please.
    I'm surprised anyone even responded to this post, it's like asking why does the sun rise and set each day. PS-There is no sell off, that happened when it went from,$14.62 down to $9 odd.PPS-Will break $13.before the result.