sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    A2 milk sold in America is made in America. No tariff issue. Infant formula may be different but I haven't heard anything about A2 trying to sell formula in the US, just liquid milk. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Well, I suppose amazon is delivering to the US - aren't they?

https://www.amazon.com/a2-Platinum-Baby-Formula-Toddler

But than, it looks like the product is currently not available anyway ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, our Chinese friends are clearly as effective in bullying their trade partners as our North American friends (and I don't mean Canada or Mexico ...).
    Oops - isn't this the other country A2 tries to make inroads into? How about a 25% tariff on milk powder? For sure Trump needs to be worried about America not being first in bullying us ...
    Bullying as in France imposing trade barriers on NZ so that NZ had no choice but to release their criminals (Rainbow Warriors terrorists)?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Bullying as in France imposing trade barriers on NZ so that NZ had no choice but to release their criminals (Rainbow Warriors terrorists)?
    I am sure there are many others ... and, to be fair - China certainly feels bullied by Trump and his lackeys as well.

Just imagine - we are blocking the purchase of perfectly good Chinese telecommunication equipment just because the US claims (without evidence) that they might do with their equipment the same to the West than what the US was trying to do with their chips and equipment in China (and other countries)!

But hey, I think this is the wrong thread to expand on this subject and will cease to do so here.

Just wanted to highlight that there are maybe more potential risks for A2 than some of the investors seem to think ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 12-02-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Well, I suppose amazon is delivering to the US - aren't they?

https://www.amazon.com/a2-Platinum-Baby-Formula-Toddler

But than, it looks like the product is currently not available anyway ...
    Perhaps it's available, sure. But the US strategy is very different to the China strategy. One is based around locally produced liquid milk, the other on imported formula.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    A2 milk sold in America is made in America. No tariff issue. Infant formula may be different but I haven't heard anything about A2 trying to sell formula in the US, just liquid milk. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    All milk powders subject to duties on entry to USA. For NZ only a certain quota of cheeses, proteins & i think small vol of butter get tariff relief. ATM will be using local milk for their liquid sales in NE USA. Doubt they have much interest in getting into the complex IF market in US which is largely driven by large State tenders for food programmes.
    Last edited by nizzy; 12-02-2019 at 09:17 AM.

I am sure there are many others ... and, to be fair - China certainly feels bullied by Trump and his lackeys as well.

Just imagine - we are blocking the purchase of perfectly good Chinese telecommunication equipment just because the US claims (without evidence) that they might do with their equipment the same to the West than what the US was trying to do with their chips and equipment in China (and other countries)!

But hey, I think this is the wrong thread to expand on this subject and will cease to do so here.

Just wanted to highlight that there are maybe more potential risks for A2 than some of the investors seem to think ...
    I actually think it is a very pertinent risk to all NZ exporters as China holds the upper hand when it comes to trade with us.

We are able to compete in China on the back of the huge store of goodwill built up over the years by the Clark government (first FTA in the world with China by an OECD country) and then, John Key's smooth diplomacy of making sure that NZ did not get offside with Western vs China politics.

Now we have an inexperienced blundering government simply following in the shadows of US and Australia in antagonizing China with all kinds of silly decisions.

Definitely a risk to watch and monitor very carefully.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Yes all quiet, just a big waiting game. Bit over a week for reporting, and waiting for A2M to open at noon. A2 been in an up trend for 4 months now. Buyers getting in early for the Feb. update. Last year on 21/2/18 went from 9.50 to $14 over 4 weeks, but looks like we nearly there now maybe see $14 again hopefully.
    Same as yesterday, but thought sp would have dropped by now with all the negative talk lately. See how it goes at noon.

What was the previous all time high for ATM
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What was the previous all time high for ATM
    ........$14.62?

Shorts starting to close, still plenty still open though. We might see a spike on results day like last year and then a prolonged cool off period. This company is fantastic but is it really worth $10B NZD, that'll be more than Qantas.

Disc: Still overweight looking to sell a few more at $15 hopefully sooner than expected.