sharetrader

It is for Anchor milk not ATM not that it makes much difference it,s still getting the product off the shelf.

Anchor are still using the ATM catch phrase " Feel the difference" so it looks like a joint marketing ad,would be interesting to find out if ATM contributed.
    https://thea2milkcompany.com/about-us/

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I've just started seeing A2 Milk ads on the television in NZ. I just wonder if they are going about it all wrong. It feels like they are advertising it like Coke: a lifestyle, and an emotion. However I feel like they need to be running educational ads rather than brand ads.

I'm probably not their target market, but I feel like most uneducated consumers wouldn't be any wiser about what A2 milk is after seeing the ad.

Makes me wonder if they have any idea what they are doing or if I'm the one out of touch. They have been growing sales well so evidence suggests they know what they are doing.

I think this is the ad here: https://player.vimeo.com/video/292239215
    The skeptic in me thinks we live in "post fact" times because how else can one explain the anti-vaxxers? The only thing matters is how things feel rather than why things are. They follow ideals and "influencers" throwing bite-sized enter- and infotainment through their devices at them.

A2 probably knows they won't win the scientific battle so they go for the "feel good" and "only the best for my baby" factor. I don't have a problem with that.

I've just started seeing A2 Milk ads on the television in NZ. I just wonder if they are going about it all wrong. It feels like they are advertising it like Coke: a lifestyle, and an emotion. However I feel like they need to be running educational ads rather than brand ads.
    I'm probably not their target market, but I feel like most uneducated consumers wouldn't be any wiser about what A2 milk is after seeing the ad.
    Makes me wonder if they have any idea what they are doing or if I'm the one out of touch. They have been growing sales well so evidence suggests they know what they are doing.
    Like the new Ad. The tagline on the bottle "feel the difference" says it all.
    You can't explain the science in 20 sec and you shouldn't anyway.
    ATM"s success is all about emotion & lifestyle. Trust, safety, health for your family.
    And on the negative, a mistrust of big food companies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Short coverings over.

New trading range being set - looking like $9.25 to $9.75 to me
    Shorts will be doing plenty more coverings as we head toward the AGM.Lol

Outside thinking.

I've just started seeing A2 Milk ads on the television in NZ. I just wonder if they are going about it all wrong. It feels like they are advertising it like Coke: a lifestyle, and an emotion. However I feel like they need to be running educational ads rather than brand ads.......

Thanks for sharing this ad. Nice to see progress in NZ.

FWIW In my past life I was heavily involved with Milk promotion and advertising and I can assure you that all the research then and now supports milk advertising based more on feelings/emotions than facts.

Think of the emotions around mothers milk and that is what most effectively sells milk via TV.

Pictures of cows (put people off) and loads of facts about how good it is for you are much less effective and best left to magazine articles and the internet (where there is heaps of info' on the health benefits of A2.)

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Trying to market the something without casting any negative on you main product = sing a song and be happy but don't say a word...

Advanced Member

I agree, a forgettable waste of money. A2 milk has a real point of difference, health benefits which makes it stand out from it's competitors & justifies it's higher price. Why else pay a premium for it? I've seen so many half baked ideas from Ad agency creative types, (who've never had their own money on the line) selling the emotion, the feeling, general branding which needs acres of money spent on advertising to move product. There's no cut through, nothing memorable or informative or offering any benefits or point of difference about that. In fact I saw the ad on TV last night & didn't even register it as being for A2 milk. Pardon the rant

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    I agree, a forgettable waste of money. A2 milk has a real point of difference, health benefits which makes it stand out from it's competitors & justifies it's higher price. Why else pay a premium for it? I've seen so many half baked ideas from Ad agency creative types, (who've never had their own money on the line) selling the emotion, the feeling, general branding which needs acres of money spent on advertising to move product. There's no cut through, nothing memorable or informative or offering any benefits or point of difference about that. In fact I saw the ad on TV last night & didn't even register it as being for A2 milk. Pardon the rant
    So are you expecting a presentation/documentation in 30 seconds?

You gotta realise its aimed at the Wealthy Worried - they will already be reasonably well informed.

Investor

In fact I saw the ad on TV last night & didn't even register it as being for A2 milk.
    I think it aired during commercial break for Masterchef Aus show on TV1. Unlike you as soon the ad came on air I instantly thought that's the ad for A2 milk. Very nicely shot, love it.