sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Mighty good performance by Jayne at the ASM considering she knew she was in for the chop

A trouper to the end
    Yeah right, I think you meant to say "A Fleecer to the end"

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy View Post
    Ok so I need to be upfront and admit I do have some serious insider information on the whole situation.

Problems started in her first 4 weeks - my insider tells me that she thought she was working for the other milk company and so the entire performance related remuneration thing was a complete shock.

Unfortunately things didn't get better when she realized she was not working for Fonterra and she sought independent mediation to support her position that lack of work ethic let alone performance was in fact an industry standard at her level.

Apparently if she had been able to unload shares faster she would have been gone but on top of that she was struggling to find another employer who would pay for the prior employers future performance bonus......

Only upside is the 'The Bab' is back.
    Interesting, but can she be that naive to think it was Fonterra she was going to work for

Don’t be surprised if there is a ‘strategic withdrawal’ from the US ....a la UK
    It has certainly been a 18 month misstep and it does take time for a company to pivot with all the previous new hires, in key roles, to be reconsidered by who the new CEO ends up being. New hires that follow/associated with a CEO is actually very common, they usually do not move on as quick as a departing CEO. An Australasian company taking on the US and China markets with a winning strategy is a big ask concurrently. The hardest part is having the key people to give it a fair shake. I don't see the key people in place and it does require more than just the right CEO.

Don’t be surprised if there is a ‘strategic withdrawal’ from the US ....a la UK
    Last reported us revenue was up around 100% on the previous year, they've got the product into well over 10,000 stores including Walmart, Kroger's and Costco, have just launched a new product, and are reporting double digit in-store sales growth. Not to mention they have a war chest running into the hundreds of millions. I think they'll let it run for a while yet

Mr Hearn said Ms Hrdlicka was a ''change agent'' who had been aggressively pursuing the execution of a strategy

"She had ruffled some feathers from time to time as she made changes

this is the biggie

there would now be more focus on preserving profit margins and less on chasing market share.

https://www.afr.com/companies/retail...0191209-p53i1c

wow hearn stuffed it hrdlicker was going for market share thru aggressive marketing spend and hearn says stuff the growth lets preserve margin. wow is this a growth company anymore?

one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Mr Hearn said Ms Hrdlicka was a ''change agent'' who had been aggressively pursuing the execution of a strategy

"She had ruffled some feathers from time to time as she made changes

this is the biggie

there would now be more focus on preserving profit margins and less on chasing market share.

https://www.afr.com/companies/retail...0191209-p53i1c

wow hearn stuffed it hrdlicker was going for market share thru aggressive marketing spend and hearn says stuff the growth lets preserve margin. wow is this a growth company anymore?

Appears instos got to the Board

Instos are a danger ....generally only worried about the short term and don’t have the patience to see a medium to long term vision/strategy play out

Don’t under estimate the influence that UBS has over A2’s future
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Appears instos got to the Board

Instos are a danger ....generally only worried about the short term and don’t have the patience to see a medium to long term vision/strategy play out

Don’t under estimate the influence that UBS has over A2’s future
    Iit probably going to save the company some 5 mil plus as well.. "Hrdlicka's abrupt departure ensures she'll probably lose 410,099 a2 performance rights, on Monday worth $5.7 million"

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    Iit probably going to save the company some 5 mil plus as well.. "Hrdlicka's abrupt departure ensures she'll probably lose 410,099 a2 performance rights, on Monday worth $5.7 million"
    Do you think a golden handshake would not have occurred?

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    Last reported us revenue was up around 100% on the previous year, they've got the product into well over 10,000 stores including Walmart, Kroger's and Costco, have just launched a new product, and are reporting double digit in-store sales growth. Not to mention they have a war chest running into the hundreds of millions. I think they'll let it run for a while yet
    How many $m though ....and a drag on that very important margin eh
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

I really hope not. US is shaping well, a key reason for at least some of the forward P/E ratio.