sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Short positions continue to be added on so someone is going to be very correct or get their tail feathers burned soon enough!
    Having come back from $14.62 to the current price there is no way the Shorters can be correct, not all Shorters are savvy.Lol

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    More hysteria in OZ. They cannot keep Infant Formula on the shelves.
    https://au.news.yahoo.com/video-emer...204252990.html
    I really don't "get it" Why don't Synlait ramp the heck out of production to meet demand or is all this hysteria just part of a cunning marketing plan to hype the benefits of A2 milk products ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I really don't "get it" Why don't Synlait ramp the heck out of production to meet demand or is all this hysteria just part of a cunning marketing plan to hype the benefits of A2 milk products ?
    Just went to Takanini, Auckland New World.

Two new A2 fresh milk products available:
    Aunt Jean in a 1 Litre glass bottle for $5.
    Lewis Road 750ml bottle for $4.49 ($5.99/Litre)

ATM A2 milk still $3.99 for 1 litre
    Fresha Valley Still $4.90 for $2 Litre
    The market is looking competitive.

From what I can see SML is pumping out as much IF as it can. Fonterra isn't much help as they seem to be using scares supply on liquid milk.

Is not only demand for A2M - though their stocks seem to be running out faster than others. It appears to be an insatiable demand from Asia which is being supplied from any and every source possible. Which includes "shoppers" racing in to a supermarket, grabbing ehri limit, heading to the car and racing back in again. Some of this may be driven by 11:11 day - but I think more for a general overall demand.

Perhaps this is tied to concern from consumers within China that once the Certification requirements come in supply will be severely constrained. Which means those suppliers who do meet requirements (eg SML english label) will be in a very strong position

I am expecting margin growth from SML and ATM to reflect this massive demand

Guru

Supply is one thing they don't really talk about - only around 'enhanced strategic relationships' with Synlait, and also now Fonterra. They don't say that they are constrained, number of farmers etc.

Presume supply is primarily more Synlait's gig, they manage the relationship with the farmer, pay the farmer, pay the premium, pick-up the milk etc.

Maybe a few good questions for the AGM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Redmack View Post
    Just went to Takanini, Auckland New World.

Two new A2 fresh milk products available:
    Aunt Jean in a 1 Litre glass bottle for $5.
    Lewis Road 750ml bottle for $4.49 ($5.99/Litre)

ATM A2 milk still $3.99 for 1 litre
    Fresha Valley Still $4.90 for $2 Litre
    The market is looking competitive.
    A2's fresh milk business in NZ is a drop in the bucket compared to overseas - haven't really paid any attention and was licensed to Fresha, which seemed to be on a relatively low level. The real money comes from elsewhere.

Whether it is a PR exercise, trying to encourage trial, create awareness, provide feelgood for farmers or something else, I don't know. But they have a more sustainable advantage/point of difference to someone putting the same stuff in a flash bottle, with a flash label.....

Advanced Member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Wake me up when the action starts......Prob. next week.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Wake me up when the action starts......Prob. next week.
    Its like that. Can't see the market currently building any fat into the SP on the back of possible good news next week. (I hope there's good news!!)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Its like that. Can't see the market currently building any fat into the SP on the back of possible good news next week. (I hope there's good news!!)
    Shorts starting to drop off, down to 25% of volume traded yesterday. AGM week after next.PS-Back to a third of my portfolio total.
    Last edited by couta1; 09-11-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Whatever is said/indicated at agm it will be seen as good news or stunning news (no inbetween stuff)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”