sharetrader
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Her interests align exactly with shareholders, just hold long enough to make obscene profits and get out. Only she had to hold for only a couple of months whereas us mugs have to invest years in the game.

Still don't know whether she's read the tea leaves and said to herself, 'hey this puppy is way over priced, I'm going to strip my winnings now rather that wait for god knows how long for it to catch up'.

She smashed around 1/2 billion in capital value today at the expense of shareholders, I hope she's very frightened about her future and I also hope the Board and the Chair are also reflecting in particular on in their ineptitude enabling this to happen.

Disc: not short. But pretty bloody pizzed off about it!
    Well said Baa Baa

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    What I don't understand is, this was so predictable, what does it say about judgement?
    Did they really think this wouldn't happen, OR if they did, that it didn't matter?
    Yup - you got me there. Didn't see an announcement at 5:10 on a Friday night after market closed that all shares has been sold within 2 months of getting them. My bad!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Her perilous personal financial woes aside. I'm not sure how selling 100% of her shares after being in the job a couple of months could ever be regarded as the right thing.
    HaHa perilous personal finances, poor dear was only making 154k/week at Jetstar not really enough to save anything for a rainy day.
    Last edited by couta1; 24-09-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

She strikes me as a really smart cookie.

She would have got less for her shares if she had sold them today.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    HaHa perilous personal finances, poor dear was only making 154k/week at Jetstar not really enough to save anything for a rainy day.
    Do you think she's OK. I wonder if we should set up a GiveALittle page

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    She strikes me as a really smart cookie.

She would have got less for her shares if she had sold them today.
    SP was on the way up, she should have got more $$$ if she sold them today.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Do you think she's OK. I wonder if we should set up a GiveALittle page
    I don't reckon so, we already gave her 4 mill worth of shares and she turned around and took 600 mill off us, not ladylike at all.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I don't reckon so, we already gave her 4 mill worth of shares and she turned around and took 600 mill off us, not ladylike at all.
    What is the possibility that the result will be a cracker at the next round of announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    What is the possibility that the result will be a cracker at the next round of announcement?
    Why would it be a cracker?
    It might depend on where the company is actually at in terms of its business life cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    I think it's very likely. Demand is still unbelievably high and IF is sold out everywhere in ANZ. The american market is tracking well but the short term performance is all about China where sales are booming, this is shaping up to be a record singles day event too. The fundamentals are more compelling now then ever, the new CEO selling out does throw a spanner in the works but I feel she will make up for it with a surprising trading update at the AGM.

I was hoping to get some more at $9AUD awhile back but just missed out... Should have just caught the bloody knife. Now is a good time to top up imo and have done so today.