sharetrader
Page 860 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 36076081085085685785885986086186286386487091096013601860 ... LastLast
Results 8,591 to 8,600 of 23752

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Ballamys also took a 10% hit yesterday. This stock has often been compared to Ballamys when charts were involved. Just interested and curious as to why they also went down so fast yesterday....
    Market more competitive than most thought ...just saying
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

It's really simple, yesterday's release was mainly in preparation for the investor days, old labels caused guidance to be less than many hoped for, upward trajectory mode activated.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Beagle did Harbour do lots of field trips to check out CBL before they lost $50m of their investors money? I treat all analysts with a grain of salt - some people are good and others aren't. Harbours performance has been good mainly because of A2 and one swallow, although it has been a big swallow, does not make a summer to blindly hang my hat on.
    That's a cheap shot. Growth companies are not exactly in over abundance on the NZX and CBL blind-sided a lot of people.
    The record is Harbour have been right with ATM and Devon have been badly wrong. As a long time major shareholder in ATM I would think their analyst has Geoff Babbiage's number on his speed dial and the latter always happy to take the call. I for one am more than happy to take Harbour's analyst's explanation of repackaging at face value and I think the company is on track for 40 cps in earnings in FY19. That's puts ATM on a FY19 PE of just 28 at $11.30. If you can kindly direct me to another NZX stock that's growing faster on a similar PE I am all ears basset-hound-with-ears-up-2-years-old-sitting-in-front-of-white-background-bhbxk3.jpg
    P.S. Beagle's far more attractive than basset's.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-05-2018 at 09:06 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Market more competitive than most thought ...just saying
    Without enemies around us we grow lazy.

An enemy at our heels sharpens our wits keeping us focused and alert

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Ballamys also took a 10% hit yesterday. This stock has often been compared to Ballamys when charts were involved. Just interested and curious as to why they also went down so fast yesterday....
    Both ATM & BAL price drop had nothing to do with performance just a couple of funds accumulating and wanting a bigger profit. In BAL case a simple look at the ssh notices will tell you the answer................. On HotCopper they are laughing their heads off at the huge bonus granted yesterday for both stocks.

IMO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Both ATM & BAL price drop had nothing to do with performance just a couple of funds accumulating and wanting a bigger profit. In BAL case a simple look at the ssh notices will tell you the answer................. On HotCopper they are laughing their heads off at the huge bonus granted yesterday for both stocks.

IMO
    Yep, and who is going to provide the 80-100 million shares(My guess) on May 31st to the index funds that have to buy them for MSCI inclusion, the SP won't be what it is this morning, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Yep, and who is going to provide the 80-100 million shares(My guess) on May 31st to the index funds that have to buy them for MSCI inclusion, the SP won't be what it is this morning, that's for sure.
    Approx numbers 25 mil shares traded on ASX yesterday, and 10 mil NZX yesterday which were relatively big volume days. 100 mil is a huge amount of buying. I can only see this going one way once that demand kicks in!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post

IMO
    Hotcopper?

Rampers and speculators paradise?

As long as you recognize what that site is all about!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Hotcopper?

Rampers and speculators paradise?

As long as you recognize what that site is all about!
    Pick out the wheat from the chaff, there are some well researched and knowledgeable posters on that site(I only read the A2 thread) so can't comment on the rest.

IMO

Sure are and ive had some great wins from those quality posters on H/C, and made friends with a few too.