sharetrader
    Guru

The problem is that hindsight is alway 20/20 Snoop Dog. Jeepers, would be a rare investor that wasn't bullish on a stock that flopped (lots of those pups on the NZX), or bearish on a stock that boomed. I'm sure even the true believers are got a few calls on this thread wrong also.

Certainly ATM is a very rare beast, and many of the posters here are very entrenched in their views - many held from <$1 and some <50c. Contrarian views I think should be welcome, valued and respected. It isn't a stock that could be valued using fundamental analysis (yet) and has been priced as a growth stock with a unique proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    And the lesson we learn from this is what? Remove comments from their context so that you can re-write your own click bait version of history?

I shall retreat into retirement from this thread again now. Someone please wake me from the doghouse if someone pops up on this thread who knows what is going on.

SNOOPY
    I would be highly annoyed too if anyone dug up a posting from way back, and out of context.

Critical point to note is that we are in a stock chat site so some posters do get over-exuberant at times, be it on the upside or downside, and express as such accordingly.

I do think that ATM is actually now a very well researched and well followed company with all the broking firms covering the stock.

It is certainly well worthwhile following the debate and discussions around what's happening with the company, the industry and with China - some of it is on this site, others on other sites.

Me? I believe ATM like Xero is no longer a NZX stock - its share price is driven 100% from Australia and the institutions there have a very different perspective on growth stock values.

Guru

After the warm-up prelims in NZ this morning, nice bit of action straight out of the blocks in AU.

Up 32c, almost $16.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    After the warm-up prelims in NZ this morning, nice bit of action straight out of the blocks in AU.

Up 25c, heading towards $16.
    Pathetic NZX - don't even bother looking at ATM trades in the morning until ASX opens.

$16.68 now and there were NZ investors selling out at $16.21 this morning when it closed last night on ASX at $16.40.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

NZX follows the ASX, really tells you why Xero decided they only wanted to be on the ASX full-stop

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    NZX follows the ASX, really tells you why Xero decided they only wanted to be on the ASX full-stop
    Matter of time for ATM except that ATM may just decide it's better to keep their presence on NZX to promote the NZ connection - much better for food integrity than any other country.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    As we hopefully head to new highs soon, I had some fun looking back on the early posts on this thread, here's some gems;

Snow Leopard (AKA Paper Tiger) post #302 24/04/13 "Lapping up the milk....time to buy."
    Pretty sure I completely sold that lot for not much, if any, profit.

Since then a lot of milk has been drunk from the bowl and the last time I bought any they were selling for about $2.50.

Don't hold any ATM at present.
    I am currently more interested in the milk products of Eastern Turkey & Georgia as well as Georgian wines.
    om mani peme hum

ATM is a great stock - agree with the above hindsight is 20/20 if we all had this sight we wouldn’t be on this forum we would be on an island in the Mediterranean lapping up cocktails. Snoopy I’ve read your posts you are obviously very articulate and I agree taking posts out of context is silly and hysteria for the share some times takes over; I doubt it’s personal at all. But go A2M looking forward to the Aug release and hopefully we see a great result for a NZ company.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    ATM is a great stock - agree with the above hindsight is 20/20 if we all had this sight we wouldn’t be on this forum we would be on an island in the Mediterranean lapping up cocktails. Snoopy I’ve read your posts you are obviously very articulate and I agree taking posts out of context is silly and hysteria for the share some times takes over; I doubt it’s personal at all. But go A2M looking forward to the Aug release and hopefully we see a great result for a NZ company.
    I have this gut feeling that a little update may come out before August. ps welcome to st.
    Last edited by see weed; 11-07-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I have this gut feeling that a little update may come out before August. ps welcome to st.
    No update today - as was the corresponding day last year. Anyway, still a good week - up over 10%.