sharetrader
Page 986 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 4868869369769829839849859869879889899909961036108614861986 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,860 of 23755

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    China relaxed their one child policy in 2015. Makes no sense at all that birth rates would be declining. Until someone posts a link from a credible source I remain of the view that the long run trend is for increased IF consumption.
    That's because it's not declining. 2016 saw the highest number of births since 2000. 18.5 million babies born in Chinese hospitals in 2016, an 11.5% increase on 2015. The birth rate has actually been on the increase since about 2010 and levelled off slightly last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...aily-columnist

"China's negative population growth, many demographers believe, will begin around 2025, with the overall population declining from 1.39 billion last year to about 1 billion in 2067 and the ageing population continuing to rise"

I think the focus for A2 should be to grow their market share and hold or grow current margins because lets face it, this is a pretty big market. If China success can translate to rest of Asia, the population size is 4x higher and therefore plenty of growth opportunities.

What a quote like this neglects is currently many of Chinas current population can’t afford or justify a relatively expensive branded product like A2 even with a population declining the average incomes are rising significantly over time meaning a much higher proportion can afford or justify A2’s product and therefore their available market within China should actually be growing over time even with a smaller population.

edit; thats assuming the population actually declines which I’m not sure it will

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    China relaxed their one child policy in 2015. Makes no sense at all that birth rates would be declining. Until someone posts a link from a credible source I remain of the view that the long run trend is for increased IF consumption.
    You are a parent. What do you do? Have a few kids and feed them grungy old Dairy Dale milk. Or have one very special kid and do the very best for it and give it A2?

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    That's because it's not declining. 2016 saw the highest number of births since 2000. 18.5 million babies born in Chinese hospitals in 2016, an 11.5% increase on 2015. The birth rate has actually been on the increase since about 2010 and levelled off slightly last year.
    Total number of births vs births per woman are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    You are a parent. What do you do? Have a few kids and feed them grungy old Dairy Dale milk. Or have one very special kid and do the very best for it and give it A2?
    its surprising most people buy this cheaper milk , i tried it on my cereal microwaved the cereal and the milk soured , it did not happen with normal anchor milk. must be something missing in the milk?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    nah its declining and even this chinese paper is forecasting decline in future.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...aily-columnist
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    its surprising most people buy this cheaper milk , i tried it on my cereal microwaved the cereal and the milk soured , it did not happen with normal anchor milk. must be something missing in the milk?
    Yuk!!!!!!!!!
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

As i stated it declined slightly from 2016 to 2017, but 2017 was still the 2nd highest number of births since 2000, remembering that in 2016 there was a massive increase.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Perhaps this could read: "its surprising most people buy this normal milk , i tried it on my cereal microwaved the cereal and the milk soured , it did not happen withthe expensive anchor milk. must be something missing in the milk?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Yuk!!!!!!!!!
    Brazil ..... next big op?