sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    Have UBS released the park brake?
    I don't follow UBS. They swing both ways going both short and long.

However, at some stage the shorters need to get out and maybe that is beginning to happen.

That said, I'm biased and this is just one day..... so let's wait for a new trend to get established before we get excited.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I don't follow UBS. They swing both ways going both short and long.

However, at some stage the shorters need to get out and maybe that is beginning to happen.

That said, I'm biased and this is just one day..... so let's wait for a new trend to get established before we get excited.
    SP tried to make new low but failed ...sitting around 14.40 levels since 18th ASM ...now its trying to test its higher limits .

Seems 13.96 low of Nov 6th holding so far ...All good signs ...Coutta's target of $ 25 possible late next year if we dont make any new lows ...From TA point of view only !

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    SP tried to make new low but failed ...sitting around 14.40 levels since 18th ASM ...now its trying to test its higher limits .

Seems 13.96 low of Nov 6th holding so far ...All good signs ...Coutta's target of $ 25 possible late next year if we dont make any new lows ...From TA point of view only !
    Nothing wrong with your TA viewpoint IMHO.

Just a question of time till Couta's target is reached.... (but then I'm biased.)
    Last edited by Leftfield; 26-11-2020 at 04:01 PM.

Outside thinking.

Possible reason for today's A2 SP gain is takeover of Lion Dairy in Aus by BEGA ( Better link here)
    Last edited by Leftfield; 26-11-2020 at 07:08 PM. Reason: better link

Quote Originally Posted by porkandpuha View Post
    Again trying to prove how right you are, because Moosie said so. The point still being, nobody cares how the next man chooses to invest their hard earned. And certainly nobody intends to try fix someone else because they have a different appetite for risk. FWIW I agree that 90% in one holding is far too exposed, but I don't intend to spend 50 pages spamming all the reasons why I am right and they are wrong in the middle of a thread about A2. And if a 'meaningful contribution ' is listing 6 points and having 4 of them talk about why Couta is wrong, then maybe I am doing this forum wrong but regardless of portfolio size or number of forum posts, crap behaviour should be called out.

Whether you see this or not, who knows. I see you have left the thread for the 8th time in the past 3 months... See you next week I guess
    I have always found this forum to be insightful and a source of great information. Just like real life you have to pick and choose what is valuable and what is not. Everyone should be allowed an opinion (although there have been some perhaps who could have had less of one) and everyone has different situations.

I have been in the Coutts camp to a degree. I've admitted before that I have too much of a soft spot for my white gold. However if you were in the top 100 holders, which I very fortunately am, and had ridden A2 since buying your entire holding at 50c with a top up at 65c, you may view things in a different way. I sold 20,000 at around $2.50 to get a chunk of my original stake back, so my holding now averages far less than 50c per share. A2 grew from maybe 20% to over 90% of my portfolio over 5 years.

Did this give me the odd heart palpitation? Yes. Did I know I was in risky territory? Yes. But despite knowing that 'diversification' was the 'sound' strategy, I also read some wise words about 'letting your winners run'. If I had listened to the 'experts' I would not have a holding that will help me retire, or buy the biggest and most expensive house(s) I could have ever dreamed of.

I have 'lost' enough over the last two months that could buy a nice house anywhere except Auckland, but still have a holding that is up almost 2500% and will allow me to retire well or do whatever I want to. Am I annoyed right now? Yes. Should I have sold at $20 when her indoors suggested? Probably. Am I ruthless enough? No. Is hindsight wonderful? Yes.
    I have been invested for the long term and whilst it has been tempting to cash out at times, I decided I knew of nothing else that would give me the return I was getting. I feel I've been luckier than I could ever dreamed of (I only ever dreamed of a 2-3 bagger) and it has been too hard to cut the tie. But I will when I want or need to!

A2 has always had risk. China has and always will be of some concern. But sometimes the greatest risks also deliver the greatest benefits and A2 is the epitome of that. Will our woke government 's latest gaffe be enough for China to pick on A2? Unlikely. Will China mandate breast feeding and kill baby formula? Hardly! Will Daigou's not come back in mass for another 12 months? Yep may happen.

The main reason for the latest large drop is that for the first time ever A2 delivered news that was not entirely positive. I've been through many swings of a $1-$2 gain or drop over a day or two on no news and good news. This is the largest for sure but long term they're still making a fortune and it is hard to argue this will not continue.

Yes my post numbers are not high - which will obviously annoy some. That is partly because a crash years ago lost all of my previous posts and I started from scratch again. It still wouldn't be a high number anyway though, because differently from real life, I only make a comment when I think I can add something. I don't post vexatiously just to get my post numbers up to look experienced. There are far more knowledgeable posters here than I, despite A2 being the stock I do know most about. I am happy to listen to all (well most anyway) and value them. It does seem that many posters here are more traders than investors, as a small jump or drop seems to mean an immediate buy or sell is justified. I could never have traded this stock and be in the position I am now.

Each to his own, but I thought compelled to share my story because of the antagonism going on lately. Coutts may be in a similar position and in my opinion, therefore justified in his view, even if he may have appeared a little emotional over it at times. Many of the posters I respect most (B, S, L) have noted judgement on Coutts, albeit more constructively, but I feel some experts here just want to get their numbers up and love the thrill of keyboard warrior-ing!

But for me, those who bag him just may have have different views if you were in a similar position. I'm happy to call it lucky......

Guru

Hear ,hear
    Great post TED 2
    There are the sayings
    1)Let your good ones run
    2)If you are going to sell something, sell the underperformers
    3)Utilize the benefit of compounding returns

A 7% higher compounding return over a long time really does add up to a significant amount.
    To give you an idea if your strategy is working out for you
    Compare your returns to the superfund (around 10% compounding since inception)and work out how much more you have succeeded or not.
    https://www.nzsuperfund.nz/performan...nthly-returns/

Guru

Nice post TED2. While I did not get in quite as early as you did, I have followed a similar course.

Yes good post Ted2 - should stayed in a long time ago but needed the funds at the time, then it is almost like a MFT and FPH - seems too expensive, but just keeps going up

Great post Ted, thanks for sharing and well done! Mine’s a similar story but not quite as spectacular. ATM still over 50% of my portfolio. Sold a chunk 3 years ago and retired, can’t bring myself to part with any more. Future’s too bright.

It’s depend when you bought the share, image the ppl who bought last year, they all underwater now. and maybe different tide this time.