sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hey winner I got back on the BAL horse but still patiently waiting for a remount of this stallion(Probably around mid May I reckon) PS- Since 15/1/2015 only 15 posts on the ASX BAL thread and 4 of those are our recent ones winner now that's a dead horse aye.
    Good one ...have a good ride

Do BAL and ATM share prices sort of move in tandem (except the spike times) or do they get of step at times and give opportunities like you taking now
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

March IF exports ex Lyttelton up an amazing 250% on prior period. (Remember ATM's additional Marketing spending will be kicking in too.)

YTD up 51.7%. as posted on HC.

Details in this pic;
    Attachment 10501

As usual DYOR.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Do BAL and ATM share prices sort of move in tandem (except the spike times) or do they get of step at times and give opportunities like you taking now
    Hmm - there seems to be some correlation - for roughly 40% of the time ...

Whether that's enough to make money out of the correlation (or lack thereof) I don't know. There seem to be quite strong and uncorrelated factors impacting on the rest:

Attachment 10502

Ah yes - but both did quite well on the 5 years chart - didn't they?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

BAL more volatile due to a number of issues over the last couple of years and reached $22AU odd at one point and $20AU odd over the last year so more upside at the moment than A2 at it's current price over a short to medium timeframe. Once it gains full approval for all its products the SP of both should move closer together once again.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    March IF exports ex Lyttelton up an amazing 250% on prior period. (Remember ATM's additional Marketing spending will be kicking in too.)

Details in this pic;
    Attachment 10501

As usual DYOR.
    Wow, just wow. That’s one heck of a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Wow, just wow. That’s one heck of a picture.

Just wondering -

did anybody ever manage to reconcile these "Lyttleton IF exports" with Synlait and / or Fonterra and / or Westland Milk's accounts? They all will ship some of their stuff through Lyttleton (in this case its in your tab) and / or through Timaru and /or through Tauranga (in the latter case it would not be). All three ports have "Inland ports" in Rolleston.

As well - how is A2's all important Daigou channel accounted for that way?

As well - how do the numbers capture any IF channeled through other ports (like Port of Tauranga via Rolleston)?

The tab shows big variations of something going through one particular port, but I have no idea what they mean in isolation for A2's business. I suspect nothing.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 26-04-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just wondering -

did anybody ever manage to reconcile these "Lyttleton IF exports" with Synlait and / or Fonterra and / or Westland Milk's accounts? They all will ship some of their stuff through Lyttleton (in this case its in your tab) and / or through Timaru and /or through Tauranga (in the latter case it would not be). All three ports have "Inland ports" in Rolleston.

As well - how is A2's all important Daigou channel accounted for that way?

As well - how do the numbers capture any IF channeled through other ports (like Port of Tauranga via Rolleston)?

The tab shows big variations of something going through one particular port, but I have no idea what they mean in isolation for A2's business. I suspect nothing.
    Spoil sport

But like you I have no idea what the numbers are ..whether it’s value or weight or what. But HUGE numbers though eh BlackPeter

One thing the shipments over last July/Dec were up 40% on pcp and A2 baby stuff sales were up 45% in same period so whatever the shipping numbers are they seem to be some sort of lead indicator of what A2 growth might be,

And H2 growth is even stronger ...WOW WOW WOW WOW
    Last edited by winner69; 26-04-2019 at 04:07 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Why A2 is crushing the competition in China
    https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...ition-in-china

From TOBIAS YAO - Wilson Asset Management

I have just returned from China, looking at how Australian goods such as infant formula are sold and marketed, given the strong Chinese demand for such products. Being able to speak with shop attendants in their native language let me get to the source of information. In this wire, I share the key takeaways.

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    Why A2 is crushing the competition in China
    https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...ition-in-china

From TOBIAS YAO - Wilson Asset Management

I have just returned from China, looking at how Australian goods such as infant formula are sold and marketed, given the strong Chinese demand for such products. Being able to speak with shop attendants in their native language let me get to the source of information. In this wire, I share the key takeaways.
    totally talking his own book
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

Details in this pic;
    Attachment 10501

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Just wondering -
    BP as always it is a tab risky to read too much into figures.

My key take away is that it is yet another indication that ATM is making huge gains with its IF (with associated high margins) and all is going to plan. However, until the company issues an update it is only an indication.

To answer some of your Q's:
    - The figs are tonnes of IF exported. They do not represent $'s, so we wait for ATM's details to confirm margins/profitability etc.
    - Remember that ATM has negotiated a better supply deal with SML and these tonnages will benefit.
    - The figs may include some SML branded exports, but as SML have not got Chinese accreditation, these are likely to be slim
    - The figs do not provide destinations, however whether it be Australia or China the results still are a boost to ATM. ATM has 30% share of the Australian IF market, but much of that goes via the Diagou channel to China.
    - The figs give a level of support/justification to recent SP rises.
    - The figs also give credibility to the fact that ATM is gaining market share in China.

So the figs represent a lot more than 'nothing', they indicate that ATM is on course to reaching its market guidance (and more.) But if you want to dismiss them, that's fine with me.

As usual DYOR.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 26-04-2019 at 04:37 PM.