sharetrader

was a screaming buy at $12, at $16 I still think it's relatively undervalued provided growth in USA and South Korea pans out well. Won't be surprised if it goes into the 20s if the latter proves true.

If it just relies on China forever, then it's probably not the best punt

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    A2 Milk share price at a glance

It’s been a good week for a2 Milk (ASX: A2M) shareholders. In the last five sessions the A2M share price has risen a shade over 5%, closing out the week at $15.50 per share.
    All up, this has proven to be quite a reversal of fortunes for the company; last November the stock hit a low of $11.31 per share.
    Past price volatility aside, the investment bank UBS has today taken the chance to reiterate their 'buy' rating on a2 Milk. UBS has also retained their previously set share price target of NZ$17.00 per share.
    The company is expected to release their first-half results on February 27.

Citi analysts ultimately believe that over the medium-term A2M's margins will contract as Chinese IMF competition increases and as a 'shift to direct channels' occurs.
    In saying that, Citi has moderated their bearish stance in recent times: just this week upgrading their rating from ‘sell’ to ‘neutral’ and upgrading their 12-month share price target from $12.30 to $14.85 on a2 Milk.
    Forget following anything these clowns say, they are all about their own agenda like last time the sp climbed to an all time high, they pumped it up with buy ratings and/or revised targets and then ditched at the top them promptly slapped a sell rating on the stock, rinse and repeat.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Forget following anything these clowns say, they are all about their own agenda like last time the sp climbed to an all time high, they pumped it up with buy ratings and/or revised targets and then ditched at the top them promptly slapped a sell rating on the stock, rinse and repeat.

If 'these clowns' are able to affect the SP that strongly, perhaps not sensible to ignore them completely?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    If 'these clowns' are able to affect the SP that strongly, perhaps not sensible to ignore them completely?
    I mean ignore their games and follow your own conviction but yes for trading swimming with the sharks for a while could be profitable.

I mean ignore their games and follow your own conviction but yes for trading swimming with the sharks for a while could be profitable.
    You got the games mate )

probably take a hit soon as chinese will postpone having new babies now due to corona virus
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    probably take a hit soon as chinese will postpone having new babies now due to corona virus
    ...would be a disaster if there is link between Coronavirus and milk powder
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Isn't the delivery time for babies 9 months or so? I think this would be a plan-able event. As well, if this gets really bad - the reproduction rates in Europe after the black plague always skyrocketed. Just imagine this amazing potential ...

Anyway - while I understand that shorters love to foster a good panic to make hay ... I don't think that this new flu will be much worse than other flues.

Every year around 56,000 people world wide are dying from the flu without people stopping to reproduce and putting their life on halt. 1.25 million people die every year in road crashes without people stopping to reproduce, and they don't even quarantine their cars, and only in the US (I don't found the worldwide data) are every year more than 40,000 people dying from gun violence - and hey - how do they like guns! It feels the gun lovers reproduce like cockroaches.

Just remind me - how many people died so far of the corona virus? I think the latest number was less than 60?

While shorters might be able to create some short term market ripples - the long term impact on markets and peoples lives will be ZERO.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Isn't the delivery time for babies 9 months or so? I think this would be a plan-able event. As well, if this gets really bad - the reproduction rates in Europe after the black plague always skyrocketed. Just imagine this amazing potential ...

Anyway - while I understand that shorters love to foster a good panic to make hay ... I don't think that this new flu will be much worse than other flues.

Every year around 56,000 people world wide are dying from the flu without people stopping to reproduce and putting their life on halt. 1.25 million people die every year in road crashes without people stopping to reproduce, and they don't even quarantine their cars, and only in the US (I don't found the worldwide data) are every year more than 40,000 people dying from gun violence - and hey - how do they like guns! It feels the gun lovers reproduce like cockroaches.

Just remind me - how many people died so far of the corona virus? I think the latest number was less than 60?

While shorters might be able to create some short term market ripples - the long term impact on markets and peoples lives will be ZERO.
    BP heres a link to a graph on chinese birthrates following sars. the year 2002 - 2003 after saw a big drop in births. this will impact a2 and all infant formula producers in time thru lower growth rates

https://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=ch&v=25
    one step ahead of the herd

BP heres a link to a graph on chinese birthrates following sars. the year 2002 - 2003 after saw a big drop in births. this will impact a2 and all infant formula producers in time thru lower growth rates

https://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=ch&v=25
    Interesting chart, however just funny that the drop in Chinese fertility seems to have preceded the SARS outbreak by a year or so. SARS outbreak started in February 2003 but according to your stats 2003 birth numbers (i.e. children conceived mainly in 2002) are already drastically down.

SARS.JPG

Who knows - maybe they have a way in China to make babies faster than in the rest of the world ?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)