sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    you fail too mention how the effects of negative compounding affect returns on an investment. currently a2 is providing negative compounding returns to long term holders
    Even at current lows long term holders still tracking at more than 3x's the current NZ50 index av ....... can you prove you are doing better?? (especially after you pay your short term trading taxes )

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    It is proven the shake and coup of the shares.

They sold:
    Date of relevant event: 30 June 2020Date this disclosure made: 2 July 2020
    Pendal Group Limited
    For last disclosure,—(a) total number held in class: 38,896,079(b) total in class: 739,830,151(c) total percentage held in class: 5.26%
    For current holding after ceasing to have substantial holding,—(a) total number held in class: 34,462,527(b) total in class: 739,830,151(c) total percentage held in class: 4.66%

And they have been quietly buying back all of their shares.
    Date this disclosure made: 30 September 2020Date on which substantial holding began: 28 September 2020
    Pendal Group Limited
    For this disclosure,—(a) total number held in class: 38,355,845(b) total in class:742,588,971(c) total percentage held in class: 5.165%

I feel sorry to those whom sold recently .
    There was some extraordinarily obvious shakeout trading occurring the last few days. The Market Authorities really should be on top of this behaviour.
    I'm expecting a strong rally today. End of September Quarter out of the way plus the old 3 days selling mantra is done.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Don't make promises you can't deliver on now Beagle

This place wouldn't be what it is without counter viewpoints, whether dedicated holders want to hear them or not. I'm back on the board with this stock in a very small way, but I'm not intending to hide under a rock, block out the noise and pretend everything is just swell and that I'll double my money in 12 months. Comments like yours feed into my decision process to help me determine if I invest (or speculate, as the case may be), at what entry point and to what extent. Keep them coming.
    Here here Cyclical! totally agree with you and I`ll add I think its very healthy that anyone can change their mind and as new information is forthcoming.

Disc, don't hold these. My view is the glory days of the lucrative daigou channels of the past are now over since China (and supplying countries to a degree) has now put in regulation in early 2019 . Also I believe the high margins enjoyed to date will keep eroding as competition gears up with increased supply and exacerbated with increasing costs of distribution. But this has all been well documented here already.

There are enough parties involved in this global milk trade at arms length from each other working separately that the big picture of supply and demand will only be clear in hindsight. Way too risky at this price for a value investor as myself. Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by Maverick; 01-10-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    There was some extraordinarily obvious shakeout trading occurring the last few days. The Market Authorities really should be on top of this behaviour.
    I'm expecting a strong rally today. End of September Quarter out of the way plus the old 3 days selling mantra is done.
    Yes , I agree on this and unfortunately that is how it happened.

It is proven the shake and coup of the shares. Insto's and shorters. As I mentioned before The Insto's invest alots of money and ATM doesn't give a divident, this is how they make money.

They sold:
    Date of relevant event: 30 June 2020Date this disclosure made:2 July 2020
    Pendal Group Limited
    For last disclosure,—(a) total number held in class: 38,896,079(b) total in class: 739,830,151(c) total percentage held in class: 5.26%
    For current holding after ceasing to have substantial holding,—(a) total number held in class: 34,462,527(b) total in class: 739,830,151(c) total percentage held in class: 4.66%

Date this disclosure made: 30 September 2020Date on which substantial holding began: 28 September 2020
    Pendal Group Limited
    For this disclosure,—(a) total number held in class: 38,355,845(b) total in class:742,588,971(c) total percentage held in class: 5.165%

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Curious to know what makes you come to that conclusion? Apart from the example tomm has provided (twice), which really could just be what any other trader would like to pull off...sell high, buy low, what evidence do we have? And even if there was a deliberate attempt to shake the tree, would there be anything illegal in doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Even at current lows long term holders still tracking at more than 3x's the current NZ50 index av ....... can you prove you are doing better?? (especially after you pay your short term trading taxes )
    i dont need to prove anything , but if i had too it would be impressive but we are off topic heres a link to anyone who's interested in how negative compunding affects returns

Overcoming Compounding's Dark Side

https://www.investopedia.com/article...ngdarkside.asp
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Yes , I agree on this and unfortunately that is how it happened.

It is proven the shake and coup of the shares. Insto's and shorters. As I mentioned before The Insto's invest alots of money and ATM doesn't give a divident, this is how they make money.

They sold:
    Date of relevant event: 30 June 2020Date this disclosure made:2 July 2020
    Pendal Group Limited

Pendal Group Limited

they might have only sold down to just under 5% hardly tree shaking considering the volumes thru everyday
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    I'm back on the board
    We have an insider!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    they might have only sold down to just under 5% hardly tree shaking considering the volumes thru everyday
    That 5% is 4.5m of shares. Sold High , Bough Low. Also proven this stock is at a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    We have an insider!
    Haha, if only! Unfortunately I'm not trading hundreds of thousands of ATM stock!