sharetrader
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What’s this “amateur hour”?
    Its when impulsive bears suffering from FOMO jump in quickly as soon as the market open thinking they will beat the rush Thankfully I am a reformed patient bear,

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    What’s this “amateur hour”?
    When the ASX opens you get the overreactions, treeshaking .

Hrdlicka to Hurtlocker by the looks of it

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Unfortunately - if you pay lots, you often get monkeys as well. It might be just monkeys who are a bit better in pulling the wool over the eyes of an out of their depth board. Recruiting is not easy - unless your only target is to fill the seats with warm and greedy bodies.

Look at FBU, Telecom, Fonterror - how well did all these companies do in throwing multi million dollar salaries at more lor less well presented and extremely greedy, but otherwise highly incapable managers.

Sometimes I am wondering whether the boards who waste less of their shareholders funds for overpaid greed dancers are better off.

Re Mrs Hrdlicka - the jury is still out, but selling all her shares after only a couple of months in the job is hopefully not the best she is able to do for her multimillion dollar salary. Only an incapable board could have approved this deal without realising that this will end into a PR nightmare. Only a quite incapable CEO would have accepted this deal. Why didn't she ask for cash?

If this is the best board and CEO can do .... than we just need to hope that they still have been lucky despite their incompetance and that Mrs Hrdlicka is able to perform some other CEO functions (than PR) with more sensitivity and marketing knowledge.

GLTAH ... and glad I am out.
    At the 2017 AGM the Chairman David Hearn had a 24% against vote to be re-elected. Quite a high number opposing him.
    Everyone else re-elected with less than 1% against.
    That sums up the Board in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Are you for real? What planet do you live on. I cannot see how that is sexist and disrespectful? She is a CEO! Earns plenty and if she cannot handle such an innocent jibe then should not be in the job. Harden up snowflakes.
    I am absolutely for real and I live right here in Whangarei. I believe that you can't see how Couta1's original comment is sexist and disrespectful. I don't know whether the CEO's name would have been made fun of if she were a man (I suspect not), but linking a jibe about the name with the appellation "woman" was a sexist putdown.

Similarly, the admonition "Harden up snowflakes" isn't sexist, but it is a putdown. And I think that is important because here in NZ, there is a very clear connection between our propensity for "innocent" jibes and putdowns, and a whole raft of social ills.

Over 40 years of clinical experience I have come to understand that there is a slippery slope between sexist and disrespectful comments and grossly abusive language, yelling, pushing and shoving, and (ultimately) bruises and blood. And that is why I call disrespectful postings when I see them and will continue to do so

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Its when impulsive bears suffering from FOMO jump in quickly as soon as the market open thinking they will beat the rush Thankfully I am a reformed patient bear,

Thanks

I reckon sanity will prevail and A2M will end UP for the day ...was nothing sinister after all
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I am absolutely for real and I live right here in Whangarei. I believe that you can't see how Couta1's original comment is sexist and disrespectful. I don't know whether the CEO's name would have been made fun of if she were a man (I suspect not), but linking a jibe about the name with the appellation "woman" was a sexist putdown.
    On other thread you'll see a man referred to a "Dreck H....." because he is.

Guru

I remember when it was disclosed the DD had sold a few (far from a majority) of his PEB shares in the mid $1's back in the glory days for a what I think wasn't even a hundred thousand (to build a deck if I recall correctly?) it was meet with swift and intense criticism on the forum.

But "this time is different" so no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    I remember when it was disclosed the DD had sold a few (far from a majority) of his PEB shares in the mid $1's back in the glory days for a what I think wasn't even a hundred thousand (to build a deck if I recall correctly?) .
    Thats where the "to build a deck" so commonly seen nowadays originated from.

Similarly, the admonition "Harden up snowflakes" isn't sexist, but it is a putdown. And I think that is important because here in NZ, there is a very clear connection between our propensity for "innocent" jibes and putdowns, and a whole raft of social ills.

Over 40 years of clinical experience I have come to understand that there is a slippery slope between sexist and disrespectful comments and grossly abusive language, yelling, pushing and shoving, and (ultimately) bruises and blood. And that is why I call disrespectful postings when I see them and will continue to do so
    Have you ever sent a tweet to Donald Trump?

I

Seeing as you're only made 80 posts in 4 years I'll opine on this and its meant in a positive spirit.. Appreciate your perspective but its STMOD's job to handle that sort of thing. If you're deeply offended or feel a post is in breech of the terms and conditions of this site then by all means report it but I reckon from years of experience its often way better to grow a thicker skin and understand that some people will get really frustrated from time to time, its just part of being a participant in the market. I think its best some have a cup of tea and a wee nap and everyone keeps calm.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-09-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine