sharetrader
Page 4 of 2376 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast

more than 4 years since the last post on this thread! anyone still watching or holding ATM?

I've got a few tucked away in the bottom drawer, I don't follow them closely but saw they recently announced their first ever annual profit. Share price is up about 100% so far this year.

Quote Originally Posted by corran View Post
    more than 4 years since the last post on this thread! anyone still watching or holding ATM?

I've got a few tucked away in the bottom drawer, I don't follow them closely but saw they recently announced their first ever annual profit. Share price is up about 100% so far this year.
    I brought 25,000 replacing my Charlies as a my speculation stock a few months back. They don’t appear to trade all that often, going on memory I don’t think any were traded at all last week, but today 243,000 went through closing at $0.23. I'll also have put mine in the bottem draw, and will have a look in about 4years, thats if Fontera havn't taken them over before that.

Share Collector

Well done to holders and good to see an NZ company make it from start-up to profitable business!

However, while it seems like the risk around investing in ATM has reduced, if I was holding, I'd be considering taking some profits.

While a maiden profit is a great result, it is difficult to see the kind of significant growth in NPAT for 2012 that would justify a PE of 55. And while it appears the market has room to expand, it is likely to require a significant amount of capital to achieve growth, unless they use the royalty approach.

I guess the reality is that at least half the value in the shares is coming from the intellectual property assets rather than the operating business. A much more tricky area to value and requires a bit more knowledge and time. However, unless the IP is sold to a larger entity via takeover or royalty, it is going to require ongoing capital to extract value from it, which would tend to mean ongoing dilution.

Can't rule out a sudden takeover announcement - still small enough that someone might offer a premium to get the IP - but, personally, I don't generally invest on speculative binary outcomes, as I find it too hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Well done to holders and good to see an NZ company make it from start-up to profitable business!

However, while it seems like the risk around investing in ATM has reduced, if I was holding, I'd be considering taking some profits.

While a maiden profit is a great result, it is difficult to see the kind of significant growth in NPAT for 2012 that would justify a PE of 55. And while it appears the market has room to expand, it is likely to require a significant amount of capital to achieve growth, unless they use the royalty approach.

I guess the reality is that at least half the value in the shares is coming from the intellectual property assets rather than the operating business. A much more tricky area to value and requires a bit more knowledge and time. However, unless the IP is sold to a larger entity via takeover or royalty, it is going to require ongoing capital to extract value from it, which would tend to mean ongoing dilution.

Can't rule out a sudden takeover announcement - still small enough that someone might offer a premium to get the IP - but, personally, I don't generally invest on speculative binary outcomes, as I find it too hit and miss.
    Yesterday ATM went up 2 cents from 25 and today went up another 5 cents to 30. Over 30% in two days. Perhaps it time to heed your advise Lizard and take litle profit. Or maybe hang on a little longer, after a few more details emerge from todays news release.

A2 Corporation Limited is pleased to announce an expansion of its operations into the United Kingdom and Ireland. The Company has today entered into agreements to establish a sales and marketing joint venture in association with Robert Wiseman Dairies PLC (Robert Wiseman).

Todays medis release, a good result, I guess this company has a future

A2 more than triples 1H net profit as sales jump 56%
    Tuesday 21st February 2012
    Text too small?
    A2 Corporation, the NZAX-listed alternative milk company, said first-half net profit more than tripled, boosted by a legal settlement, as sales jumped 56 percent.
    Net profit rose to $3.1 million in the six months ended Dec. 31, including a $1.1 million settlement of a legal dispute with a former Korean licensee, compared with $900,000 in the same six months of 2010, it said in a statement.
    Sales rose to $30.1 million from $19.3 million with the vast majority of revenue in Australia where the company said it now has 4.7 percent of fresh milk in the grocery category.
    Chairman Cliff Cook said the company's results were very pleasing in the face of price discounting of fresh milk in Australia.
    “While the Australian supermarket chains are going head-to-head in discounting standard milk, a2 brand sales have continued to accelerate with no change in our pricing,” Cook said.
    Managing director Geoffrey Babidge said the growth is “consistent with our growth strategy to position a2 as an innovative, fast-moving consumer goods and ingredients company with a global focus.”
    Rising Australian sales “demonstrate that consumers in this market understand the a2 brand proposition and are willing to pay a significant premium over standard milk for our products,” Babidge said.
    A2 claims its milk is healthier than traditional A1-type milk although those claims haven't been backed by scientific evidence.
    The company plans to launch in Britain later this calendar year and is looking at expanding into other markets “in the not too distant future.”
    It is working on introducing an a2 branded infant formula in a market in Asia, he said.
    It is also “continuing to explore opportunities” with its New Zealand licensee to build brand awareness and sales “consistent with the successful business model in Australia.” New Zealand sales were just $1.7 million of which just $3,598 was to external customers. New Zealand sales to external customers were reported as $214,417 for the six months ended December 2010.
    A2 will commission its own A$8.4 million fresh milk processing facility in Sydney later this month and initially it will supply the New South Wales market while existing contract processors will support growing demand in other states of Australia, the company said.
    A2 didn't declare a dividend. Its shares are up 1 cent at 26 cents, down from their high at 30 cents last November but up from the 11 cent low in March last year.

IRG have recommended A2 Corp as “Speculative”
    I find this a little odd as they have been in the black for the last year, their revenue has increased 56% for the 6 months period ending Dec 2011 to $30 mill. With a profit of $3.1 mill. They are in the process of selling their milk in the UK, so this should add to their income big time.
    Currently trading at $0.43 (been high as $0.45)

Macquarie Research today
    Price catalyst
    12-month price target: NZ$0.56 based on a Sum of Parts methodology.
    Catalyst: FY12 results announcement in September, strategic review results,
    infant formula strategy announcements.

Action and recommendation
    A2 Corporation continues rapidly down its growth path. Notwithstanding
    some small operational issues in Australia, it continues to hit its development
    targets. With the potential for a value enhancing transaction and development
    of new markets we remain comfortable with our investment thesis.
    Outperform maintained.

Managing to get in the news papers in the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...nsitivity.html

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Deosn't appear to be the most talked about company on here but out of interest there is a trading halt on A2C as of 9:00am. Any thoughts about what this might be about?
    Main board listing?

Me too.would they have a trading halt for that though?