sharetrader
    Banned

Only negative the market may not like is the lowering EBITDA from 35% to 31-32% but hey it's a growth company in expansion mode.
    Last edited by couta1; 20-02-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    haha we shall see which way it goes as we all know who knows what the market things with this stock sometimes.( you do know you can be both long and short at the same time with a2 if you so desire.)
    Surely no way it goes down on such a massive beat. Congrats to all long term holders who continue to hold such a great performing company and ignore all the noise.

Good result (slightly exceeding the expectations of some,but not all analysts) - will be interesting to see what the market makes out of it.

Didn't realise though that 80% of their revenue comes from infant formula, and most of that goes (one way or another) to China. Talk about risk diversification ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wow ....ebitda margin 35% when they indicated something similar to 30%

Full year margin 31%/32% still awesome

Maybe 50 cents eps .....PE of 40 is 20 bucks ..even at 30 that’s 15 bucks

Big spike up today and continue for rest if year

Try maybe 35c EPS....still another great year panning out...might get to 50c EPS in 2020.

Should challenge the highs in the $14-15 range soon as long as China keeps buying the product

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

really pleasing aspect of the result to me is the US/UK segment. That looks like underpinning "the next wave" of new future growth (at scale) when the Chinese growth tapers off...

All the commentary was positive. The said full year margins to be 31-33% yet earlier they foretasted 30%. Shorters must be terrified, this will be fun to watch when the ASX opens.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Some interesting "matching" at the moment on the NZX...might be worth trying your luck!

Capture.PNG

so its going to open a dollar higher?
    one step ahead of the herd

Massive result.. wish I hadn't reduced my holding a while back at $12.68. Never-mind, still have enough to celebrate.
    It will be interesting to see if there is any correlation with Synlait.

( I used to dislike oysters but now I love them, with chips of course. Purely because some people talk about them so much on this forum)

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Only negative the market may not like is the lowering EBITDA from 35% to 31-32% but hey it's a growth company in expansion mode.

Great result. One thing to watch is full year EBITDA is expected to be 31-32% so what does that suggest about second half EBITDA, well under 30% right ?
    The other thing I think that warrants serious consideration is the current state of relations between N.Z. and China and what might be the implications for ATM going forward.
    One final thing, when is Herdlicker and other insiders going to dump millions more shares on the market ?, (remembering they haven't been able to sell as insiders leading up to this announcement).
    Be careful mate and don't get carried away.
    Great that they're doubling marketing spend to drive future growth and doing all the heavy lifting with this which is something I am sure Synlait shareholders will be very pleased about.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-02-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine