sharetrader
Page 686 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 18658663667668268368468568668768868969069673678611861686 ... LastLast
Results 6,851 to 6,860 of 23755

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    This kitchen is getting too hot for me. Don't know whether I'm coming or going.
    Which is why the hound sold down most of his yesterday. Determined to have four paws in mint condition with all pads and claws intact and fur in glossy condition and well fed to boot. Doing a "Percy" and enjoying my free wild rollercoaster ride with my remaining holding which will get the boot when / if the rollercoaster dips below the 30 day MA at $7.37. ..wild rides with big ticket holdings no good for me and ruffle my fur too much
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-11-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

My stop loss got triggered yesterday...but was very pleased to buy the same shares back again this morning. Have reduced by average entry price accordingly...and still believe there is long term value there. Like the hound above, washing my paws and grooming my glossy coat...

Default It takes courage to be a pig

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Me just back from a fab morning mountain bike ride, determined to ignore the market at the moment. My learning - it is almost impossible to pick 'tops and bottoms.' Best to take a longer term view.

Until ATM issues a market update, ask yourself, 'what has changed?'

So I'm holding.
    I’m holding too and I bought a few more yesterday at $7.57 because they were cheaper than the day before. The story hasn’t changed. Long term it is a winner.
    Thank you to whoever mentioned the book “The Art of Execution” by Lee Freeman–Shor on sharetrader some time ago. Excellent book, excellent advice.
    “The key to successfully executing great ideas and making lots of money comes down to the actions you take AFTER you have invested in an idea and find yourself losing or winning.
    One of the keys to riding a big winner is to avoid being scared out of it. It takes courage to be a pig.
    Materially adapt when you are losing. Either add meaningfully to an existing investment or sell out.”
    Last edited by moka; 02-11-2017 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    This kitchen is getting too hot for me. Don't know whether I'm coming or going.
    I was expecting to see "Seeweed Ltd" with a substantial holder notice.....!!

Yesterday was beautiful....

Retailers spooked on the "unknown"
    Snowballed into a selldown with huge short volumes.
    All while the bots let the trap door cave in.
    Retailers picking up on the overreaction and returns to bullish buying.
    Followed by those short positions being squeezed by closing.

50% of my portfolio... still buying on days like yesterday.
    Last edited by hardt; 02-11-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardt View Post

50% of my portfolio... still buying on days like yesterday.
    ATM is 50% of your portfolio?

When events like these happen. Do you have funds set aside for this, is it a relatively small purchase or a larger one? If one sells of some other units the funds don't clear quick enough to allow you to buy more right?

I just had some funds set aside in my cash management account and purchase a relatively small amount ... $10k.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My irrational side got the better of me, unfortunately I caught the knife a bit early so have a few fingers waiting to be stitched back on. Nothing like making a mistake to keep one humble.
    The finger I lost yesterday catching the falling knife has miraculously healed itself Hope your fingers have healed too Couta

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rayonline View Post
    When events like these happen. Do you have funds set aside for this, is it a relatively small purchase or a larger one? If one sells of some other units the funds don't clear quick enough to allow you to buy more right?

I just had some funds set aside in my cash management account and purchase a relatively small amount ... $10k.
    With ANZ Securities funds from a sale are normally available once the sale order is complete. Available in that they can be used for purchases but not withdrawn from your account.

Quote Originally Posted by rayonline View Post

With larger buys like yesterday I just pay for it later with money taken out of a rental mortgage... brokerage is a lot more than normal, but the 11% return in 24hours makes that facility worth it in my books.

55% of my portfolio in ATM and 15% in SML... which more or less move in sync with each other so the big down days like yesterday really take a massive chunk out of my future kids college fund

Always trying to keep 10% of my portfolio in cash...
    Last edited by hardt; 02-11-2017 at 05:12 PM.