sharetrader
Page 717 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 21761766770771371471571671771871972072172776781712171717 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,170 of 23754

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    in 5 years .... a $100 .....and probably will beat EBO there
    Not sure about $100 mate but I think a patient puppy will get a MASSIVE boost to their retirement fund by holding long term. I got to thinking how kind this stock has been to my portfolio this year and it was all very well taking a profit on the extreme volatility BUT...I must learn more patience with my investing... Any way you slice and dice it the recent annual meeting update was a real cracker. Fear of missing out is greater than the fear of volatility or loss...there, it felt good to admit that and get it off my chest lol.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-11-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I asked myself this morning where is this stock going to be in five years as they roll out product development ? One minute later I thought, to heck with the short term volatility and bought back in.
    Well done. That's my thinking too. The Longer term view makes you sleep better. When the recent pre-ATM AGM 'shaking-of-the-tree' sell-down occurred, I simply reminded myself of the longer term view, 'kept calm and carried on.'

I really like the worldwide non capital intensive branding partnership approach of ATM and it reminds me a healthy version of the early days of Coca-Cola....(a much healthier version!)

Lastly these stats taken from a recent article in Australia's ABC news highlights why it is wise for ATM to concentrate on Asia.

Facts: Milk allergies and intolerances
    · Approximately 1 in 50 (Australian) infants have cow's milk protein allergies, but most grow out of it by the time they get to school
    · Up to 7.5 per cent of (Australian) children have issues with cow's milk protein (either allergy or intolerance).
    · Lactose intolerance effects:
    7-20% of Caucasians
    65-75% of African Descent
    Over 90% in some Asian populations
    70% Australian Aboriginals.

(My bold)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I'm hoping for a quick recovery
    How old are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Not sure about $100 mate but I think a patient puppy will get a MASSIVE boost to their retirement fund by holding long term.
    I am essentially building my retirement fund so taking a long term view with all me recent acquisitions. I'm not going to be a trader as I don't want to get tangled in tax - rather looking for a decent income stream come that happy day. In the meantime this is about laying foundations and looking for growth. Sure there will be setbacks but unless stop loss are triggered I wont be in and out. Some of these stocks are too volatile and there are battles happening I'm happy to leave to others.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    How old are you ?
    So old even my memory is fading

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    There we've it, just hit $9....
    And then it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Well done. That's my thinking too. The Longer term view makes you sleep better. When the recent pre-ATM AGM 'shaking-of-the-tree' sell-down occurred, I simply reminded myself of the longer term view, 'kept calm and carried on.'

I really like the worldwide non capital intensive branding partnership approach of ATM and it reminds me a healthy version of the early days of Coca-Cola....(a much healthier version!)

Lastly these stats taken from a recent article in Australia's ABC news highlights why it is wise for ATM to concentrate on Asia.

Facts: Milk allergies and intolerances
    · Approximately 1 in 50 (Australian) infants have cow's milk protein allergies, but most grow out of it by the time they get to school
    · Up to 7.5 per cent of (Australian) children have issues with cow's milk protein (either allergy or intolerance).
    · Lactose intolerance effects:
    7-20% of Caucasians
    65-75% of African Descent
    Over 90% in some Asian populations
    70% Australian Aboriginals.

(My bold)
    Many thanks for that heads-up on lactose intolerance and well done for holding through the volatility. Maybe if I had of been drinking A2 milk the hounds nerves would have been steadier lol
    Anyway..in the process of rebuilding my stake, don't want to buy too much on any given day otherwise its easy to get skunked. Buy a bit here and a bit there for the next few days (before the Australian institutions have to buy due to possible ASX100 inclusion)

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I am essentially building my retirement fund so taking a long term view with all me recent acquisitions. I'm not going to be a trader as I don't want to get tangled in tax - rather looking for a decent income stream come that happy day. In the meantime this is about laying foundations and looking for growth. Sure there will be setbacks but unless stop loss are triggered I wont be in and out. Some of these stocks are too volatile and there are battles happening I'm happy to leave to others.
    Likewise. I need to take a leaf out of Percy's book and simply learn a lot more patience. Holding high growth stocks and being really really patient, its hard to go too far wrong.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Apologies, playing catch up on this one.
    How much of a moat does ATM have with this special milk ? I recall someone posted an American link that had a clip on A2 Milk. And if I recall correctly they said it would be relatively easy to turn other production over to A2 milk if indeed it did turn out to be so efficacious ? So what is their exposure to competition arising ? Are they protected by patents ?
    Completely missed the boat on this one, although have done well with Synlait which is related.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Apologies, playing catch up on this one.
    How much of a moat does ATM have with this special milk ? I recall someone posted an American link that had a clip on A2 Milk. And if I recall correctly they said it would be relatively easy to turn other production over to A2 milk if indeed it did turn out to be so efficacious ? So what is their exposure to competition arising ? Are they protected by patents ?
    Completely missed the boat on this one, although have done well with Synlait which is related.
    This came up a few times at the ASM the response is typically;

1.) ATM have 'first mover' advantage
    2.) ATM have IP and patent protection and growing research that they will vigorously defend (as per the court case in Aust - look out Lion!! Next years delayed hearing date not yet set.)
    3.) Other milk companies entering the A2 market will need to explain why they are entering it..... and their explanations will need to be good, because in the process they risk "xxxing in their own nest" to coin a phrase. i.e. any move to copy A2 implies tacit agreement with A2's claims.
    4.) This is just the beginning for ATM with a heaps of diary product extensions ahead, but for the moment their focus is on fresh milk and infant formula.

I liken A1 to gluten. A few years ago you had a few Coeliacs who genuinely cant stomach gluten and there was very little "Gluten free" products around. Now every little Henry and Rebecca is gluten intolerant and there are loads of gluten free products around to help them through their parents angst.

Just wait till the perils of A1 hits mainstream media. I have no concern about my recent ATM purchase - even at its grossly inflated price. This will be a long term very positive play.