sharetrader
Page 718 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 21861866870871471571671771871972072172272876881812181718 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 23755

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Apologies, playing catch up on this one.
    How much of a moat does ATM have with this special milk ? I recall someone posted an American link that had a clip on A2 Milk. And if I recall correctly they said it would be relatively easy to turn other production over to A2 milk if indeed it did turn out to be so efficacious ? So what is their exposure to competition arising ? Are they protected by patents ?
    Completely missed the boat on this one, although have done well with Synlait which is related.
    It was discussed at the meeting. They have patents although some of them are over 20 years so they have expired but they seem very on to it regarding intellectual property. This did not happen overnight they said. They have been around for 17 years and from 2000 to 2006 their focus was IP development, and the last decade (2007 to 2017) has been focused on targeted growth to get where they are now. They have the advantage of first mover too. Other dairy companies have been sceptical about the benefits of A2 milk up to now.

Advanced Member

Thanks Minimoke and Left Field. And well done. Wish I had them.
    And Moka as well.
    Cheers, RTM
    PS. Apple initiated the smart phone, Samsung etc seems to be able to copy them pretty easily. Be interesting to see how this pans out over the longer term.
    Last edited by RTM; 23-11-2017 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Dam spell checker

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Those shorty people got me scared last week and tricked me into selling and buying and selling and buying again, the only problem I sold at the bottom and bought half way up the other side. Went from 99k to 76 back up to 89 back to 76 back up to 88k then back to 83k. Didn't know weather I was coming or going. That happened over 8 business days 31/10/17 to 10/11/17 about $2 swing.
    I really relate to this see weed - being scared. I have a habit of buying in boom and selling in gloom. It is hard to ride your winners when they are bucking so much. I know that long term ATM is an excellent buy at any price now but when the price drops suddenly the doubts creep in, and the fear rises. This is a work in progress for me. We will be tested again.

I find Mark Douglas’s book The Disciplined Trader is very valuable to help develop a “winning attitude.”
    “Fear is immobilising. Mentally it causes us to narrow our focus of attention on the object of our fear (losing money). This means that thoughts about other possibilities, as well as other available information from the market gets blocked. When the event is over and you are no longer afraid then you will think to yourself “I knew that. Why didn’t I think of it then?” or “Why couldn’t I act on it then?”

It is extremely difficult to perceive that the source of these problems is our own inappropriate attitudes. That’s what makes fear so insidious. These thinking patterns are so deeply ingrained that it rarely occurs to us that the source or trading difficulties is internal, derived from our state of mind. Indeed it seems much more natural to see the source of a problem as external, in the market, because it seems like the market is causing our pain, frustration and dissatisfaction.
    If we aren’t aware of, or don’t understand, how our beliefs and attitudes affect our perception of market information it will seem as if it is the market’s behaviour that is causing the lack of consistency.

Confidence and fear are contradictory states of mind that both stem from our beliefs and attitudes. To be confident, functioning in an environment where you can easily lose more money than you intend to risk requires absolute trust in yourself.

You can learn to redefine your trading activities is such a way that you truly accept the risk, and you’re no longer afraid.
    You need to learn how to adjust your attitudes and beliefs about trading in such a way that you can trade without the slightest bit of fear but at the same time keep a framework in place that does not allow you to become reckless.”

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    You can learn to redefine your trading activities is such a way that you truly accept the risk, and you’re no longer afraid.
    You need to learn how to adjust your attitudes and beliefs about trading in such a way that you can trade without the slightest bit of fear but at the same time keep a framework in place that does not allow you to become reckless.”
    The simplest way to manage the fear is to put in place a stop loss. I Haven't worked out what mine will be on ATM yet. probably around 20% that way I know the most I can loose is 20% thus taking any fear of the markets out of the equation. (that number will need to be firmed up as I am setting up a growth portfolio which I expect will be moderate to high risk - but while some shares will plummet for a while others will fly. So I need to come up with a number that suits my long term aim. I'll end up with something that views the portfolio as a whole rather than purely one share.)

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    The simplest way to manage the fear is to put in place a stop loss. I Haven't worked out what mine will be on ATM yet. probably around 20% that way I know the most I can loose is 20% thus taking any fear of the markets out of the equation. (that number will need to be firmed up as I am setting up a growth portfolio which I expect will be moderate to high risk - but while some shares will plummet for a while others will fly. So I need to come up with a number that suits my long term aim. I'll end up with something that views the portfolio as a whole rather than purely one share.)
    ATM is unquestionably a plaything now for the institutions and traders - great story with great liquidity so the stock lends itself so well to huge swings in sp movements.

The best way to minimize the risk of getting spooked by the wild gyrations is to get comfortable with the company's fundamentals.

Remember that the institutions especially are playing with other people's monies to earn their huge bonuses while the majority of us are investing our hard earned (lifelong) savings.

At the ATM meeting a question asked about whether they are considering delisting like Xero and the answer was - “no plans and not actively considering it.” There was also a discussion about how counterfeit product in China is a risk which they are actively managing.

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    At the ATM meeting a question asked about whether they are considering delisting like Xero and the answer was - “no plans and not actively considering it.” There was also a discussion about how counterfeit product in China is a risk which they are actively managing.
    Maybe this?
    http://www.afr.com/business/agricult...0171121-gzqbce

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    ATM is unquestionably a plaything now for the institutions and traders - great story with great liquidity so the stock lends itself so well to huge swings in sp movements.

The best way to minimize the risk of getting spooked by the wild gyrations is to get comfortable with the company's fundamentals.
    While it has the attention of insto's and traders it will also chart well, for example yesterday was a double top test and fail then today a double top breakout failure and the retreat followed swiftly at about the same time the boards were ecstatic about reaching $9. The simple indicators are also working well, for example the RSI pointing down, MACD struggling to cross up and hold, and Money Flow has been pointing down since the previous high. This gives a 'thinness' to the recent rally, supported by modest volume.

Like you say Balance, if people buy into the fundamentals they will probably not be watching the daily share price action, have a decent stop loss margin in place to cover their butts and check out the SP every few months or so. But for momentum swing trading the charts help a lot and clearly there's money to be made for those inclined.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    There we've it, just hit $9....
    Geez I feel sorry for the poor buggers that bought them but grateful it wasnt me buying at the top this time Aww well I am sure $9 will seem cheap in the not to distant future

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    While it has the attention of insto's and traders it will also chart well, for example yesterday was a double top test and fail then today a double top breakout failure and the retreat followed swiftly at about the same time the boards were ecstatic about reaching $9. The simple indicators are also working well, for example the RSI pointing down, MACD struggling to cross up and hold, and Money Flow has been pointing down since the previous high. This gives a 'thinness' to the recent rally, supported by modest volume.

Like you say Balance, if people buy into the fundamentals they will probably not be watching the daily share price action, have a decent stop loss margin in place to cover their butts and check out the SP every few months or so. But for momentum swing trading the charts help a lot and clearly there's money to be made for those inclined.

Baa Baa your scaring me!