sharetrader
Page 719 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 21961966970971571671771871972072172272372976981912191719 ... LastLast
Results 7,181 to 7,190 of 23754

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    The simplest way to manage the fear is to put in place a stop loss. I Haven't worked out what mine will be on ATM yet. probably around 20% that way I know the most I can loose is 20% thus taking any fear of the markets out of the equation. (that number will need to be firmed up as I am setting up a growth portfolio which I expect will be moderate to high risk - but while some shares will plummet for a while others will fly. So I need to come up with a number that suits my long term aim. I'll end up with something that views the portfolio as a whole rather than purely one share.)
    Hi minimoke, ok stoploss this is what I do for EVERY trade. Firstly base your stop on structure not a percentage, structure being a support resistance line this could be either 6.80 or maybe 7.36 if you look at a daily ATM chart you will see what I mean,structure tends to be respected by other traders,they can't see your 20% level. This is good for me as it relates directly to how much of my account I'm prepared to lose,in my case .5% on any trade.
    I know where my stop is going to be BEFORE I place the trade. This needs to happen so you can work out how many shares to purchase.
    Last edited by kizame; 23-11-2017 at 07:50 PM. Reason: additional info

https://www.odt.co.nz/business/landc...transformation

"A value chain approach must be part of the solution for Landcorp and all New Zealand farming amid the ever-present challenge of volatility for commodity producers, the country’s biggest farmer says.
    "Across our business, we are looking at how to better differentiate what we produce and to move beyond commodity market pricing."
    Initiatives with A2 milk, grass-fed milk and conversion to organic milk supply on some dairy farms were part of the strategy. So were fixed price supply contracts for lamb, beef, venison and wool."

Investor

Drum roll pls.....

The a2 Milk Company has been named Company of the Year at the prestigious Deloitte Top 200 Awards.

Advanced Member

Thanks guys. Like a possum in the $9 DOLLAR HEAD LIGHT, thinking, no worries about stop loss, will think about that at $10. They not getting any more of mine cheaply. The shorty ones.

Advanced Member

so it was 18 years ago a valued colleague of mine said she's going to work for a little unknown company called A2. She did tell me about the benefits of A2 milk and I didn't quite want to understand what she was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Thanks guys. Like a possum in the $9 DOLLAR HEAD LIGHT, thinking, no worries about stop loss, will think about that at $10. They not getting any more of mine cheaply. The shorty ones.
    I think the shorter's came out to play yesterday and maybe again today. The hound is ready to play with them from the other side of the sandpit...bring it on.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think the shorter's came out to play yesterday and maybe again today. The hound is ready to play with them from the other side of the sandpit...bring it on.
    Make teh most of it. The action will be over at SML next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    While it has the attention of insto's and traders it will also chart well, for example yesterday was a double top test and fail then today a double top breakout failure and the retreat followed swiftly at about the same time the boards were ecstatic about reaching $9. The simple indicators are also working well, for example the RSI pointing down, MACD struggling to cross up and hold, and Money Flow has been pointing down since the previous high. This gives a 'thinness' to the recent rally, supported by modest volume.
    Could you or someone post a chart because I cannot see a double top test and double top breakout. Not sure what I am looking for.
    I can see the RSI and Money Flow. Thank you for pointing out that those indicators are pointing down.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Make teh most of it. The action will be over at SML next week.
    Looking to milk both investment opportunities just like you and other cunning investors but rather than looking at trading, like you I reckon the real milking happens by keeping both these long term
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-11-2017 at 10:57 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    so it was 18 years ago a valued colleague of mine said she's going to work for a little unknown company called A2. She did tell me about the benefits of A2 milk and I didn't quite want to understand what she was saying.
    I think most of us fall into that category. Too many intolerances out there nowadays and it was my reason not to believe them initially. But I always knew that people were intolerant to the protein and not the product.