sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    You gotta realise its aimed at the Wealthy Worried - they will already be reasonably well informed.
    They will / are reasonably well informed, but who watches TV1 let alone TV these days?
    "Everyone" I know is on Netflix, Lightbox, Neon, Soho, sport channels, ....
    They must have done their research, so hopefully it works, as its very, very expensive milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    ATM sp driven out of Australia.

Shortcovering expected today so sp goes up - good time to sell if you were thinking of selling.
    Are you aware that:
    • Balance has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

From the site administrator

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    So are you expecting a presentation/documentation in 30 seconds?

Ha, no but that ad production would have cost a small fortune & since you ask what I would have done is approached a highly trusted, recognisable, newish mother like Toni Street or Valerie Adams to front a campaign explaining the important health benefits which differentiate A2 milk from it's cheap competitors. Of course the first thing someone will say is they might not be avail, but that's the general idea.
    A well liked & trusted personality with the right fit provides instant cut through to the clutter of general branding ads on TV. Plus A2 has a real & significant point of difference to it's competitors, so why not use it?
    I know shareholders know the difference because we have equity in the brand, but to the average hurried shopper grabbing some milk off the shelf on the way home, it's just another milk brand which at the expensive end of the range & as everybody knows "they're all the same aren't they?"

Advanced Member

One of the often unstated goals of general branding campaigns (apart from slowly building brand awareness) is to make staff & shareholders feel positive about the company & that's just what this feels like. That's nice but it doesn't have much effect on sales. At this stage I believe A2 should be going all out trying to get potential new customers to make a switch to A2 from their usual brand & for that to happen, & pay a much dearer price, they need to 1) grab their attention & 2) be given a good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    What sort of patents right does ATM have? I thought just the testing part. Nestle got the A2 label everywhere, A2 should be a registered trademark and covered by patents, isn't it?
    Nobody can patent a naturally occuring protein - even if it is called A2! Only man made things can be patented - as long as they are new (and previously unpublished).

A2 is as old as humans ... and cows
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    One of the often unstated goals of general branding campaigns (apart from slowly building brand awareness) is to make staff & shareholders feel positive about the company & that's just what this feels like. That's nice but it doesn't have much effect on sales.........
    The Brand Manager and maybe the Marketing Manager will be wetting themselves after getting this warm fuzzy ad off the ground ....the best ad the world’s ever seen in their eyes. Give marketing too much money and this is what you get and a poor return on investment (except the agency (Colenso BBDO?) does more than OK from it). If they are lucky they might even mentioned in some ad magazines or win an award to give them even more warm fuzzies.

The campaign Anchor did last year to target teenagers and why milk was good for you was pretty cool. Have you seen these? They probably interested the targeted market and sold milk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJfNqGkqrZs

https://vimeo.com/211257133

https://vimeo.com/211256359
    Last edited by winner69; 13-10-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The Brand Manager and maybe the Marketing Manager will be wetting themselves after getting this warm fuzzy ad off the ground ....the best ad the world’s ever seen in their eyes. Give marketing too much money and this is what you get and a poor return on investment (except the agency (Colenso BBDO?) does more than OK from it). If they are lucky they might even mentioned in some ad magazines or win an award to give them even more warm fuzzies.

The campaign Anchor did last year to target teenagers and why milk was good for you was pretty cool. Have you seen these? They probably interested the targeted market and sold milk.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WJfNqGkqrZs

https://vimeo.com/211257133

https://vimeo.com/211256359

Yes these are brilliant, very clever & cool ads which stand out from the clutter, speak directly to target market & explain health benefits of milk. Hit all the right notes for that tricky to reach teenage market. Harry Baker of course a very cool celeb poet & TED Talk speaker, loads of credibility & highly recognisable to that specific target market, youngest person to win the London, UK & World Slam Poetry competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Yes these are brilliant, very clever & cool ads which stand out from the clutter, speak directly to target market & explain health benefits of milk.
    strange eh. I don't watch ads but if I see one it has to grab me in a few seconds. I thought those ads were crap. long winded ( so no good for paid advertising), blah blah blah saying lots but very little. May be great for the youth demographic (I thought they had a shorter attention span than mine) but that's not Atm's market. It's the sore gut and babies not the shiny teeth (and some of those folks were not that flash) demographic.
    Last edited by minimoke; 13-10-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    It's clear that selling at $13 was a very very compelling option; given that at the time the share was overpriced. If you sold at $13 and found an actual bargain in the market to replace ATM with, you would be on the path to doing very well. ATM has experienced extreme growth and there are certainly lower risk shares that could produce similar or greater returns from here.
    Sigh..........

Quote Originally Posted by Investor View Post
    Sigh..........
    You failed to mention the similar or greater return stocks.