sharetrader
Page 752 of 752 FirstFirst ... 252652702742748749750751752
Results 11,266 to 11,270 of 11270
  1. #11266
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muppett View Post
    Scientists already producing "lab meat" that tastes like chicken.
    Just a question of time, before milk is produced in a lab.
    The last time I read about it... it cost around $2500 per kg of beef initially, early on this year price dropped to about $1800 per kg. So we may have a bit more to go before it gets below $29 per kg.

  2. #11267
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    The last time I read about it... it cost around $2500 per kg of beef initially, early on this year price dropped to about $1800 per kg. So we may have a bit more to go before it gets below $29 per kg.
    All you need are a few cells and things reproduce.
    The point is that Baa_Baa said ATM will reward you/us for years to come.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Synthetic a2 milk?
    Just take your money off the table while you can before a clever dick or Trougher beats you to it.
    Last edited by Muppett; Yesterday at 09:13 PM.

  3. #11268
    Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muppett View Post
    Scientists already producing "lab meat" that tastes like chicken.
    Just a question of time, before milk is produced in a lab.
    The Asians have been producing imitation meat from tofu for vegetarians since 30 years ago! Looks like meat, taste like meat and has texture of meat.

    The Japanese has been producing imitation fish and seafood (surimi) since the 1970s.

    Served to grow the market but there has been no real switch out of the real stuff into the imitation stuff.

  4. #11269
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    The Asians have been producing imitation meat from tofu for vegetarians since 30 years ago! Looks like meat, taste like meat and has texture of meat.

    The Japanese has been producing imitation fish and seafood (surimi) since the 1970s.

    Served to grow the market but there has been no real switch out of the real stuff into the imitation stuff.
    They probably all need some milk to wash it down with so it tastes better.

  5. #11270
    Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muppett View Post
    They probably all need some milk to wash it down with so it tastes better.
    Has to be A2 milk then.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •