sharetrader
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Closed on ASX at NZ$13.50.

$14 is easy from here as the shorters reach the point of maximum pain.
    The down trend breakout was text book, easy trade. I think the flagpole breakup gets (almost) there but stalls at the all time highs. What follows is of more interest. Punters need to know Jayne said she'd sell her vested interests and we saw what happened last time that happened. Timing is crucial.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    The down trend breakout was text book, easy trade. I think the flagpole breakup gets (almost) there but stalls at the all time highs. What follows is of more interest. Punters need to know Jayne said she'd sell her vested interests and we saw what happened last time that happened. Timing is crucial.
    I agree with what you are saying, but what will be her payout..2 or 3 mill? What is their capitalisation, 9.8bil? What is their bank bal. 300mil? $42mill. turnerover on Aus and NZX today? How much effect would 3mil. have on those figures. I think the shorters were the bigger cause of the down trend back then.
    Last edited by see weed; 12-02-2019 at 06:06 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I agree with what you are saying, but what will be her payout..2 or 3 mill? What is their capitalisation, 9.8bil? What is their bank bal. 300mil? $42mill. turnerover on Aus and NZX today? How much effect would 3mil. have on those figures. I think the shorters were the bigger cause of the down trend back then.
    It's all about sentiment, her selling gives the shorters the opportunity to dictate SP momentum and don't forget there are other senior management also holding large numbers of shares,add to that Insto manipulation and you have a Game of Thrones. PS-Im guessing the true long term holders are very much in the minority when it comes to this stock.

China - NZ relations hit new low headline might take the steam out today. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12202902

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    As irrelevant as it is, a CEO selling for whatever reason is seen as a signal of bad things to come.

No matter how understandable the reason, opportunists love pumping fear into weak minds.

Outside thinking.

I'm pretty sure the 'blame Jane' game has been overdone. Time to move on.

If the next results report sales increases of (say) 40% and NPAT up (say) by 50 to 60% then the fundamentals will win out over shorters and SP will increase over current levels.

Meanwhile ATM has just released some more research on Irritable Bowl Syndrome (IBS), this time with a huge sample size that found amongst other things.....

"Of the 5,535 adults, 2,876 either had a professional diagnosis of IBS or considered that they had IBS. Those who reported that alleviating IBS symptoms was their primary reason for buying a2 Milk™ (862/5,335) completed a series of questions specific to this condition. It was remarkable to record that 83% of the cohort had experienced an improvement in their IBS symptoms after changing from conventional to a2 Milk™"

As an IBS sufferer myself, I endorse these findings, they are one of the reasons I was an early investor in this company.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 12-02-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Belle View Post
    China - NZ relations hit new low headline might take the steam out today. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12202902
    a2 held up at customs would be a biggie for the share price , just a risk to be aware off if things go south. anyway looks like china just trying bully tactics like they do with any country who dis pleases them ala sth korea and aus i think have been down this road lately.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    a2 held up at customs would be a biggie for the share price , just a risk to be aware off if things go south. anyway looks like china just trying bully tactics like they do with any country who dis pleases them ala sth korea and aus i think have been down this road lately.
    Well, our Chinese friends are clearly as effective in bullying their trade partners as our North American friends (and I don't mean Canada or Mexico ...).
    Oops - isn't this the other country A2 tries to make inroads into? How about a 25% tariff on milk powder? For sure Trump needs to be worried about America not being first in bullying us ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    a2 held up at customs would be a biggie for the share price , .
    A hold up only until the mothers start screaming for A2 formula for their princesses.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Well, our Chinese friends are clearly as effective in bullying their trade partners as our North American friends (and I don't mean Canada or Mexico ...).
    Oops - isn't this the other country A2 tries to make inroads into? How about a 25% tariff on milk powder? For sure Trump needs to be worried about America not being first in bullying us ...
    A2 milk sold in America is made in America. No tariff issue. Infant formula may be different but I haven't heard anything about A2 trying to sell formula in the US, just liquid milk. Please correct me if I'm wrong.