sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Thanks Couta, Beagle & SL, all viewpoints v much appreciated as try to anticipate what everyone else will value this company at next week, next month, next year.

Wonder what would happen if an outfit like JCAP decided to ‘attack’ A2

Look at what’s happened to Wisetech WTC.ASX ....couldn’t happen to A2 could it?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Cannot fault a hyena or a vulture doing what they do - it's in their DNA just as it's in the DNA of UBS to try and make money out of the scary cats/minnows and small bit players on the NZX.

Sp is still 16.5% up YTD so all is not lost even though sp today has just dipped below $13.00 again.

I do take comfort that Jayne has not sold her shares to date.
    With time leading upto ASM next month, its fairly certain to assume that she isn't offloading her shares before that neither did all other senior executives. One can only take this as a very positive sign going by past years pattern.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    ..... its fairly certain to assume that she isn't offloading her shares ..... One can only take this as a very positive sign ....
    This and the new employee share scheme also hints that the company thinks the SP is currently undervalued. All good for holders (and employees.)

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    If you are not sure then do not buy it. Quite simple really.

I own some of these and was asked by my broker if I would allow them to be shorted, said no, and they came back and suggested I might want to reconsider.
    So I did and the rent eases the pain.

If I waited till I was sure, don't think I would own any shares.
    I envy your directness.
    Don't think I've ever been 'sure' when buying shares but that hasn't stopped me building a substantial portfolio.
    TBH, most of my decisions are little more than educated guesses, based on an amalgamation of incomplete information & if the combination of factors informed by MA, PE, opinions, cultural trends, trade barriers/talks etc, looks like representing a net long term gain or a net loss at current SP.
    That seems to have worked ok for me.

Interesting your broker so persistent & confident they were overvalued.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 22-10-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Don't think the broker meant to imply a view on the shares value, they just had some other clients desperately trying to short A2M shares and the broker did not had any other to lend out.

If I have shares which I consider to be overvalued, than I would not lend them to shorters, but sell them. Obviously - I can't speak for PT, but I would assume he would act similarly in this situation.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Brokers are there to facilitate trades (and fees) if they have clients who think ATM is overvalued and want to short the stock - their job is to find stock they can borrow to allow the shorting.

Advanced Member

5 days up, 5 days down. Good buying now. Get in before it takes off again to the next level. Last low was 12.75 on 9/10/19. Get in early before lift off in Nov-Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    5 days up, 5 days down. Good buying now. Get in before it takes off again to the next level. Last low was 12.75 on 9/10/19. Get in early before lift off in Nov-Dec.
    Concern for me is the sp manipulation which seems to be a daily occurrence now - notice how the sp is shunted up each morning on NZX before getting sold down when ASX opens?

Something smells.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Concern for me is the sp manipulation which seems to be a daily occurrence now - notice how the sp is shunted up each morning on NZX before getting sold down when ASX opens?

Something smells.
    The same thing happened with Serko right?