sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I can't help, but somehow it feels you are ways too much emotionally involved in this stock, which does seem to impact on the manners. Too many eggs in just one basket? Personally I try to avoid these situations by diversification, but if your doctor says that high blood pressure is good for you, then don't change anything :

People who are stating that the SP is (currently) in the doldrums and might go lower are just stating the obvious - they are neither downrampers nor trolls. People who noticed this annual share price pattern which may or may not repeat this year don't need to be greedy traders - maybe they are just clever investors? Of course - the pattern might change, and in this case they missed a chance and need to pick another one. Benefit of hindsight - as always - will clear it up.

I can see good reasons for holding this stock as well as for selling high and buying back in low. Different strategies, and sometimes one and sometimes the other turns out to be more successful. No need to loose ones countenance.

From a personal perspective - I would not have bought at recent highs, but if it drops a bit more I might be tempted. However - I don't see ATM (from here) as a safe bet to becoming rich - even if it might have worked that way in the past ... but this is the thing about past performance not guaranteeing future performance. They might well keep growing as they did in the past (though there are some laws of nature making fast movements more difficult if you are big ...) or they might get caught in one of Trumpets trade wars. Who knows?
    Well said, Peter.

I sold out of ATM earlier in the year, due to the April price surge being way OTT, and likely (as I saw it) a result of the 'Sharesies/RobinHooders' crowd piling into all the popular stocks.

Now buying back in again, as this sell-off seems an over-reaction to the daigou update from the company, which is hardly crushing.

I didn't catch the top when I took my earlier profits*, and likely won't have bought this recent bottom exactly, but content to acquire again at these levels. $1,568 was good enough for me.

* Nobody ever went broke taking profits in a frothy market!

Quote Originally Posted by HKG2301 View Post
    Well said, Peter.

I sold out of ATM earlier in the year, due to the April price surge being way OTT, and likely (as I saw it) a result of the 'Sharesies/RobinHooders' crowd piling into all the popular stocks.

Now buying back in again, as this sell-off seems an over-reaction to the daigou update from the company, which is hardly crushing.

I didn't catch the top when I took my earlier profits*, and likely won't have bought this recent bottom exactly, but content to acquire again at these levels. $1,568 was good enough for me.

* Nobody ever went broke taking profits in a frothy market!
    For this stock, there are countless of scenario's to make profits.
    Last edited by tomm; 29-09-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    FWIW ... just looked at the chart (haven't done that for a couple of days) and noticed that the current SP dropped ways below the MA400.

Now this could mean the beginning of a serious downturn, or it might offer a buying opportunity. Given that in previous years the dip below the MA400 signalled buying opportunities I just dipped my toes into the water.

Obviously - it well might drop further, but somehow I think that long term a buy in price around $14 65 will be o.k-ish - well, better than money in the bank .
    If we don't see a panic sell after the market close today, it is a very good sign.

Advanced Member

I wonder whats going on in the Hardlicker cabinet at the moment.

Whats being served up dry, and whats on the rocks?

I think this will help. Courtesy to one of the guy whom I took it from.
    Attachment 11981
    Last edited by tomm; 29-09-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Banned

Well the NZX low today was only 5c lower than yesterday whilst the ASX low was 80c lower, perhaps the kiwis recognize value more than their Aussie cousins. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well the NZX low today was only 5c lower than yesterday whilst the ASX low was 80c lower, perhaps the kiwis recognize value more than their Aussie cousins. Lol
    The mentality of the Ausie is unstable due to too long been in lockdown lol.

I bought today more than a dollar less the bundle that I sold early this year. Hope it doesn't go farther down by a dollar more 'cuz I'll enjoy using most of my ML limit to acquire more. Those of us that accumulated at less than 60 cents then are not fazed by not so growth-inspiring update anymore

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Mr B reminds me of David Lange... who used to be said would go bombing around the room at parties. You see him here, you see him there , you see him everywhere..