sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Well I see evidence on the ATM thread when I read it of a lot of very unhappy people who are rightly upset because the NEW CEO ditched ALL her shares and the share price has tanked. Some people will have lost a lot of money as a result of this. Spare a thought for them. If the tone of this thread upsets you maybe you should stop reading it. Just my thoughts on the matter.
    Well said Rupert, as the saying goes if you want to feel someone's pain then walk a mile in their shoes.

Well I see evidence on the ATM thread when I read it of a lot of very unhappy people who are rightly upset because the NEW CEO ditched ALL her shares and the share price has tanked. Some people will have lost a lot of money as a result of this. Spare a thought for them. If the tone of this thread upsets you maybe you should stop reading it. Just my thoughts on the matter.
    People lost a lot of money with CBL too but I didn’t see the same hostility or name-calling towards the CEO on that thread. CBL losses are permanent whereas ATM losses are not. ATM has always been volatile and it will bounce back. I previously said that women are judged more harshly than men when they make a mistake in the business world and that is what I see on the ATM thread. With women the mistake is often used as evidence that women are incompetent whereas with men the same mistake is brushed off or ignored. Double standards = sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Well said Rupert, as the saying goes if you want to feel someone's pain then walk a mile in their shoes.
    With gravel in the shoes too perhaps.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    People lost a lot of money with CBL too but I didn’t see the same hostility or name-calling towards the CEO on that thread. CBL losses are permanent whereas ATM losses are not. ATM has always been volatile and it will bounce back. I previously said that women are judged more harshly than men when they make a mistake in the business world and that is what I see on the ATM thread. With women the mistake is often used as evidence that women are incompetent whereas with men the same mistake is brushed off or ignored. Double standards = sexism.
    Right so all holders who have sold for a loss since the CEO sold her shares haven't made a permanent loss, yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Weekend viewing ....compulsory for minimoke

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UwtjpsACvM0
    Loved it. Just simply excellent. particularly at 19:15 where she talks about her pulling her running shoes on.

I strongly recommend this be played as an intro to the AGM. It will help focus the questions.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

We all lose money in individual stocks at least occasionally in the share market. It is how it works.

I, you and them have no more right to be upset this time then any other time and if we need to put so much emotion into vilifying someone else then we should get out of the game.
    om mani peme hum

It is interesting on NZX we are down by 1% and Oz gained by 1%. Hopefully the SP shall bounce from here??? BTW don't know if it is a good thing or not UBS has reducing their holding a little. May be it is if they are shorting...

Found this article. Not a good news for atm I guess. DSC: used to hold some.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...customs-checks
    Last edited by tuaman; 06-10-2018 at 07:45 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    We all lose money in individual stocks at least occasionally in the share market. It is how it works.

I, you and them have no more right to be upset this time then any other time and if we need to put so much emotion into vilifying someone else then we should get out of the game.
    I'm well seasoned in selling for a loss from time to time, don't have a lot of emotion about it, however this situation was unprecedented in that a CEO sold ALL her shares after being in the job for a couple of months. She is a Trougher of the highest order with a history of the same so yes people are going to get upset, anger and frustration are completely normal responses and have nothing to do with whether one should get out of the game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm well seasoned in selling for a loss from time to time, don't have a lot of emotion about it, however this situation was unprecedented in that a CEO sold ALL her shares after being in the job for a couple of months. She is a Trougher of the highest order with a history of the same so yes people are going to get upset, anger and frustration are completely normal responses and have nothing to do with whether one should get out of the game or not.
    Well said mate. Perhaps if the someone got down off their moral high horse and walked a few miles with gravel in his shoes and felt some of the shareholders pain he'd understand their perspective.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-10-2018 at 09:24 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine