sharetrader
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    You failed to mention the similar or greater return stocks.
    At the time of that post, it was very clear to me, having reading this thread for a while, that nearly everyone posting in it was making emotional decisions on their holding in ATM. What has occurred since is a shame, but I did try.

I could offer alternatives but what does that have to do with the point that ATM was heavily overpriced? Literally anything other than holding ATM at $13 would of been a starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    So are you expecting a presentation/documentation in 30 seconds?
    I think it's a perfectly fine ad, but only if the viewer already knows what A2 milk is. If mums are already talking about it with other mums then this ad works.

But to a naive viewer who has never heard of A2, it's basically just an ad for milk.

At least that's how I see it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybycrikey View Post
    I think it's a perfectly fine ad, but only if the viewer already knows what A2 milk is. If mums are already talking about it with other mums then this ad works.

But to a naive viewer who has never heard of A2, it's basically just an ad for milk.

At least that's how I see it.
    The one major thing I remembered from the ad. It showed “feel the difference” not “taste the difference”.

I must say since the ads, our local supermarket is show casing a few more on the shelf.

Cos There is no difference in taste. Look for PR articles discussing ‘digestives upsets’ which is the target market for A2 and that is where people will be asked to ‘feel the difference’.

Quote Originally Posted by whome View Post
    Cos There is no difference in taste. Look for PR articles discussing ‘digestives upsets’ which is the target market for A2 and that is where people will be asked to ‘feel the difference’.
    I preferred the taste of A2 over other brand given I never grew up with much of fresh milk around. I don't drink enough to feel the difference but surely taste better in my Tea and Coffee...

BTW UBS is back on as substantial holder as of the 10/10/18 to 5.35%

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    I preferred the taste of A2 over other brand given I never grew up with much of fresh milk around. I don't drink enough to feel the difference but surely taste better in my Tea and Coffee...
    You wont "feel the difference" unless your gastrointestinal system is affected by the A1 proteins - something reported by many Chinese and Asians. And you're not (presumably) a new Mum, or mum-to-be, worried about the health of your child who you don't want to be lactose intolerant.

"In conclusion, this study showed that consumption of milk containing A2 β-casein attenuated the acute gastrointestinal symptoms following milk intake relative to conventional milk containing A1 and A2 β-casein in Chinese subjects with self-reported lactose intolerance. Gastrointestinal symptoms after consuming milk containing A2 β-casein were consistently reduced in both lactose absorbers and lactose malabsorbers. These findings suggest that, in some individuals with self-reported lactose intolerance, the adverse gastrointestinal symptoms following milk intake might be related to the presence of A1 β-casein in milk rather than lactose itself." (read more here https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5657040/)

All marketing involves various degree's of creative license mm. Take Mercedes-Benz as a classic example "The Best or Nothing" Many would argue they are in no way the best and of course there's a wide range of alternatives. They're simply appealing to a certain demographic who have a need for their ego to be stroked along similar lines to ATM that are appealing to those that have a digestion problem or their babies do, or think they might have one.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    All marketing involves various degree's of creative license mm. Take Mercedes-Benz as a classic example "The Best or Nothing" Many would argue they are in no way the best and of course there's a wide range of alternatives. They're simply appealing to a certain demographic who have a need for their ego to be stroked along similar lines to ATM that are appealing to those that have a digestion problem or their babies do, or think they might have one.
    I reckon that advert is aimed at the "moneyed" demographic. Its simply about brand awareness. So when the Fendalton / Remuera Mum pops down to her local New World, wanders past the Brie and Camembert to the milk and sees this A2 bottle she'll pick it up because she recognises the brand.

I also see thsi asa "laying the foundation" type advert.

Next up I reckon we will see more media releases about the scientific research results which will show how bad A1 is for you and how A2 is a much healthier option - especially if you are "worried" about your health(that is you do a lot of self -diagnosis) and have money.

In NZ the target market is the Worried Wealthy. Nothing more, nothing less.

But much more importantly we have ATM and SML racing out of the blocks today. ATM up 5.2% and SML up 3.1.

I hope everyone took advantage of the bargain basement prices last week!

EDIT. Well, we started the day well until those Ozzies woke up.
    Last edited by minimoke; 15-10-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Outside thinking.

There's an old saying in advertising........ "Good advertising sells the 'sizzle' - not the sausage"

ATM are selling the 'feeling' not the milk.

My tummy feels the difference.