sharetrader

Interesting perspective - this Naked PE.
    SML contributes to earnings so attributing a cash value to that shareholding and stripping it out and coming up with a forward PE based on a rather creative "attributed" cash value looks pretty "creative" to me. If ATM didn't have that shareholding I doubt they could lean on SML for such good supply arrangements so that shareholding is an integrated part of their business model in my view and probably confers meaningful earnings power to ATM beyond ATM's share of SML's reported earnings.
    Happy to stick with my analsysis and valuation clearly articulated earlier today. I'm not getting caught up in the "hype" that this is a "major" upgrade.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-11-2019 at 04:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Cnu p/e 46, fph p/e 56, fbu p/e 27, xro p/e 5482

Banned

Crazy volatility as always and we wouldn't have it any other way, would we!!! Sleep well Carrom if your not too excited and then theres always the element that we really dont have a solid clue about what tomorrow may bring just to keep the edge on.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-11-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Advanced Member

a2m up 8c and rising, from NZX close 60 mins. ago.
    Last edited by see weed; 19-11-2019 at 06:01 PM.

The much adored Ben Graham would say a PE of 46 is about right

So $21 here we come

using Beagles modest 18% growth and PE of 10 for no growth
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Crazy volatility as always and we wouldn't have it any other way, would we!!! Sleep well Carrom if your not too excited and then theres always the element that we really dont have a solid clue about what tomorrow may bring just to keep the edge on.
    Couldn’t agree more Couta.. I should sleep well tonight as I am Just in the green... $14.06 is my average... Tomorrow is a new day... and let’s see what’s we have in store eh?

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    The much adored Ben Graham would say a PE of 46 is about right

So $21 here we come

using Beagles modest 18% growth and PE of 10 for no growth
    LOL, trouble is if you use that theory MET is also worth $21 ...which is why I stick to 1g plus 10 these days.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    a2m up 8c and rising, from NZX close 60 mins. ago.
    a2m up 12c from nzx close.

The revenue growth and margin upgrade were great, but I particularly liked the way Jane talked about the China market.

"we are only just beginning onthe journey to our full potential in this market"

"Channels outside what is sourced directly from Australia account for ~90% of the market’s infantnutrition category value. We are significantly under-developed in the majority of thesestrategically important channels to consumers."

"there is asignificant opportunity to accelerate our brand scale by step-changing brand awareness and trial"

"more product launches to come inthe second half of FY20."

Sounds like there is significant growth still to come from the China business while we wait for the US business to grow to a significant scale.

Advanced Member

Bit of coverage of a2 milk on zb news talk after 6.30 pm news tonight
    Last edited by see weed; 19-11-2019 at 06:49 PM.