sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I don't see where I mentioned being one of the apex ocean giants, I said top 100 holder, I post to encourage those that may be finding it tough at the moment to stay strong,reef fish comment is just the reality of things.
    Guess it must be a question of perspective - One of the Top 100 in ATM looks like an ocean giant as I peer up from the murky depths below

I always appreciate your perspectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I have a dozen Tui's here. Covid won't affect 2H sales which will rebound 47% from current sales level's. YEAH RIGHT. That registered a very solid reading on this dog's creative corporate B.S. meter.
    I think you are taking being mischievous to a new creative level with your 47% number
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    imagine if a2 doesnt make its optimistic 2nd half outlook be amegedon on the share price
    Methinks this hasn't gone as low as the bull would like.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Methinks this hasn't gone as low as the bull would like.
    Pre-close will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I think you are taking being mischievous to a new creative level with your 47% number
    Based on simple facts mate. Mid point of annual sales forecast over mid point of sales of IH shows the company is projecting sales of $1,100m for 2H compared to $750m for H1 so sales are forecasted 1100/750 = 46.67% higher in 2H than what they doing in this half. (Note I made it clear from the outset that the 47% growth forecasted in 2H is based on 1H sales, not what they did in 2H in FY20).

No creative license, creative accounting or mischievousness whatsoever in that...all based on the forecasted figures the company itself provided.

Don't blame me if your abacus isn't working properly
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-09-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Based on simple facts mate. Mid point of annual sales forecast over mid point of sales of IH shows the company is projecting sales of $1,100m for 2H compared to $750m for H1 so sales are forecasted 1100/750 = 46.67% higher in 2H than what they doing in this half. (Note I made it clear from the outset that the 47% growth forecasted in 2H is based on 1H sales, not what they did in 2H in FY20).

No creative license, creative accounting or mischievousness whatsoever in that...all based on the forecasted figures the company itself provided.

Don't blame me if your abacus isn't working properly
    OK if not mischievous just misleading

H2 sales are always more than H1 sales so your logic is rather like some of what politicians use - full of crap and very creative etc etc etc

Based on forecasted figures the highest H2 sales are likely to be are 1175m (H1 725m and high FY 1900m) which would be 27% more than H2 20

Your 47% is (don't know what word to put in here)

Taking your favourite midpoint approach H1 would be down 7% on last year and H2 would be up 19% - now be fair and say this is a more realistic view of reality than your scaremongering 47%
    Last edited by winner69; 28-09-2020 at 02:50 PM.

So I'm misleading, full of crap, mischievous if not misleading, very creative etc etc etc and more adjectives you can't find as well as deliberately scaremongering.

I reckon, (won't stoop to name calling and accusatory adjectives like some people) you're confused about 1H-2H split from previous years because you've failed to consider that 2H has traditionally been a lot stronger because of the previous years ongoing sales growth throughout the years....but hey...what would I know as a beancounter for nearly 40 years...this is all new to me right

What if sales growth is really modest compared to 1H FY21 in 2H...ouch I better not pose that question otherwise I might get accused of scaremongering again.
    Couldn't possibly happen if the Covid crisis rolls on...not possible

I think you better go and scape the rust off your abacus mate.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-09-2020 at 03:28 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Veteran novice

So I'm misleading, full of crap, mischievous if not misleading, very creative etc etc etc and more adjectives you can't find as well as deliberately scaremongering.

WOW who needs enemies with friends like you
    Sounding like a few dogs I have known!

49m shares shorted as at last update.

Guess there’s some short coverings today to lock in gains.

Be fascinating after the analysts have had a chat with the company, what updated numbers and recommendations they will be coming out with in the next few days given the sp is already way down on its peak in August.
    Last edited by Balance; 28-09-2020 at 03:27 PM.

WOW who needs enemies with friends like you
    Only in this instance

Don’t take it to heart .....You’ll get over it

Just didn’t want some to think they needed to do 47% better
    Last edited by winner69; 28-09-2020 at 03:27 PM.