sharetrader
Page 448 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3483984384444454464474484494504514524584985489481448 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,480 of 23752

Hi all. Interesting and positive trading - very solid volumes. My guess also is that some of the Aussie instos are building positions. Does anyone have any idea on how the SPP scaling will work? Some of these SPP schemes are very poorly designed. To get your maximum entitlement I suspect you will have to pay 15k, and await the inevitable scaling. Get your paltry number of shares + a refund cheque (no interest no doubt!). Is it worth the hassle? In the meantime, enjoy the ride. Next target 90 cents...end of the week?

a2 vanilla and chocolate ice cream has hit the shelves locally! Priced at AUD $10 per 1.8 litres. It has a full page advertisement in the Coles weekly junk mail and 20% introductory discount this week - will let ya'll know how it tastes!

Suspect that there may not be as much take up of this as expected as a2 seems to be associated with the "healthy" tab, whereas most of their buyers of fresh milk might think that ice cream is associated with unhealthy ie too much sugar. Limited market therefore.
    IMO would prefer it if they concentrated on the baby formula and fresh milk which is where most of their demand is coming from.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    Suspect that there may not be as much take up of this as expected as a2 seems to be associated with the "healthy" tab, whereas most of their buyers of fresh milk might think that ice cream is associated with unhealthy ie too much sugar. Limited market therefore.
    IMO would prefer it if they concentrated on the baby formula and fresh milk which is where most of their demand is coming from.
    Agree…. they are risking bastardizing their good name.

I agree also - but hey its happening, and management seem have a pretty good track record with their judgement til now. Is ice cream big in China?? The Chinese / Taiwanese i know smash it!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    Suspect that there may not be as much take up of this as expected as a2 seems to be associated with the "healthy" tab, whereas most of their buyers of fresh milk might think that ice cream is associated with unhealthy ie too much sugar. Limited market therefore.IMO would prefer it if they concentrated on the baby formula and fresh milk which is where most of their demand is coming from.
    Nothing unhealthy about sugar or fat per se, provided eaten in moderation as part of a balanced diet. A2 ice cream may well mean that some people can have a tasty treat that will be easily digestible compared to regular ice cream. I think it is great that A2 is expanding its product range.

Advanced Member

So what happens now with spp. Do we go a-knocking on their door. Or do they post out an application form to all shareholders?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    So what happens now with spp. Do we go a-knocking on their door. Or do they post out an application form to all shareholders?
    A wee way off yet ....

The record date to determine New Zealand and Australian holders' eligibility
    to participate in the share purchase plan is 7:00 p.m. (NZ time) on 7 October
    2015 ("Record Date"). The offer document for the SPP will be distributed and
    the offer is expected to open, on or about, 3 November 2015. The SPP will be
    open for not less than 12 business days and is expected to close at 7:00 p.m.
    (NZ time) on 19 November 2015.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    A wee way off yet ....

The record date to determine New Zealand and Australian holders' eligibility
    to participate in the share purchase plan is 7:00 p.m. (NZ time) on 7 October
    2015 ("Record Date"). The offer document for the SPP will be distributed and
    the offer is expected to open, on or about, 3 November 2015. The SPP will be
    open for not less than 12 business days and is expected to close at 7:00 p.m.
    (NZ time) on 19 November 2015.
    Thank you, now back to pgw.

I agree that ice cream (like yogurt) is a diversion from the main thrust of the a2 message. I'd sooner see the company stick to its main strengths, namely liquid milk and infanct formula, but from a marketing viewpoint it's pleasing to see it is testing other product areas as well.

In California last week I dropped in to one of the stores named on the US a2 site as stocking its milk, and sure enough it was there, all four categories. I wasn't able to find out how well it's selling, but it was clear from the displays that "healthy" milk products such as organic and almond and soy milk are in strong demand.