sharetrader
Page 449 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 3493994394454464474484494504514524534594995499491449 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 23752

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    Nothing unhealthy about sugar or fat per se, provided eaten in moderation as part of a balanced diet. A2 ice cream may well mean that some people can have a tasty treat that will be easily digestible compared to regular ice cream. I think it is great that A2 is expanding its product range.
    Yes That's true, all I'm saying is that there may be a limited market given that a2 milk drinkers are likely to be less persuaded to buy ice cream as a group than non a2 drinkers. That's not to say that a2 milk drinkers wont buy a2 ice cream. Could be wrong, could taste delicious and it goes the same way as that milk chocolate that there was a high demand for. In other words it could sell on its taste rather than health benefits.
    Would be more inclined to go for a2 unsweetened yoghurt or a2 cheese. Think these would fit better within their market IMO.

Advanced Member

Down another 3c . If it carries on then we will not have to buy the SSP. Might wait till the dust settles and top up at 50c to 55c next year .

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Down another 3c . If it carries on then we will not have to buy the SSP. Might wait till the dust settles and top up at 50c to 55c next year .
    I doubt if it goes that low to be honest. The SPP will have a huge scaling when it opens.

Just traders profit taking is what might have caused today's drop, I think.

It looks like its been stagged by the institutions. I'm not a buyer in the high 60's or 70's. It will be interesting to see if it holds 62c in the next 6 months. Around 62c, I'm a confident buyer... at these levels its a buy and close your eyes and pray investment.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    It looks like its been stagged by the institutions. I'm not a buyer in the high 60's or 70's. It will be interesting to see if it holds 62c in the next 6 months. Around 62c, I'm a confident buyer... at these levels its a buy and close your eyes and pray investment.
    I'm bit sceptical if it would go that lower, purely based on strong demand coming in from Aussies. The trading update they've provided recently does not give any reason why it should go down to that level in 6 months time, if anything it should be double that in my opinion.

What year do you predict profits will be $80m+ to warrant $1.40? That's a heck of a lot of cans of formula with a lot of things that could go wrong between now and then. I think at the moment there is technical momentum but can that last 6 months, I'm not sure.

Things heating up in the UK ...finally?
    http://www.just-food.com/news/a2-mil..._id131216.aspx

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    Does ATM have any plans to enter the German market. I know NZers are more familiar (and comfortable?) with the British market. However I think the Germans are more health conscience and arguably more prepared to pay a premium for healthy alternatives. My opinion is probably based on anecdotes! Was it during the British Mad Cows epidemic that continental European meat consumption decreased much more than British? Perhaps the Brits had been keen to get bargain prices.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrie View Post
    Thanks for posting Harrie, some v useful info' in the article. Interesting that UK is now profitable 'at a gross margin' level and likely to be in the black in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Thanks for posting Harrie, some v useful info' in the article. Interesting that UK is now profitable 'at a gross margin' level and likely to be in the black in 2016.
    Wotherspoon said on Friday (25 September) A2 Milk's UK business remains loss-making but was now profitable "at a gross margin level", with sales growing faster.

Does that mean they have been selling at below cost up to know - horrible thought

Mac always kept reminding us that A2m had the highest gross margins of all the players - obviously not in the UK
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”