sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I wouldnt be getting too excited until we have a bit more clarity on the SML issue and any potential impact on volume supplies. May be better buying to come in the next few weeks.
    More concerned about the Trumpet and Macro events than the SML issue having said that it's all just noise for the patient as attested to by the Wall of Worry over time having no lasting effect on a rising market.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    In simple I always believed that if SML could not provide the demand that ATM needed, Fonterra would step up as A2 milks backup plan. That should have been signed into the new contract deal between ATM and SML. I am not saying that is fact, just thinking logically. Of course if you are investing into ATM use facts rather than my logical thinking.
    Its not so easy as you have Fonterra herd conversion issues and SML holds the key Certificates.

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Its not so easy as you have Fonterra herd conversion issues and SML holds the key Certificates.
    Couldn't Fonterra start supplying the Aus Daigou market which is where the bulk of the IF currently goes? That would be a worst case scenario with Synlait being unable to keep up but continuing to supply the IF going direct to China.

In any case, there's still lots of capacity at the Dunsandel plant and i'm confident Synlait will be able to meet ATM's requirements one way or another. I think this is largely a Synlait problem which shows the beauty of their capital light business model. Our shareholding of Synlait is barely material considering the market cap we now sit at.

Guru

Down 42c in Australia today.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Down 42c in Australia today.
    Up $7.13c from its low of 8.67c on 12/10/18.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    In simple I always believed that if SML could not provide the demand that ATM needed, Fonterra would step up as A2 milks backup plan. That should have been signed into the new contract deal between ATM and SML. I am not saying that is fact, just thinking logically. Of course if you are investing into ATM use facts rather than my logical thinking.
    Fonterra has a mix of farmers in their cooperative and many of them have isolated a2 cows in their herds and are working with A2 to manage those herds in a constructive way against A2 policies.

Also a2 milk that's sold in every grocery stores is coming from a2 cows in the region that the milk's being sold. The same thing is true in the US, the a2 fresh milk that we sell in the US comes from US a2 cows. The product that they sell in the UK comes from a2 cows that they have identified and are taking milk from in the UK.

Isn't that interesting? I didn't know that... I thought A2 milk only comes from NZ and AUS.
    Last edited by longy; 04-06-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    ..... The same thing is true in the US, the a2 fresh milk that we sell in the US comes from US a2 cows. The product that we sell in the UK comes from a2 cows that we have identified and are taking milk from in the UK.

Isn't that interesting? I didn't know that... I thought A2 milk only comes from NZ and AUS.
    Diversity of supply is one of the key strengths of ATM's 'Capital Light' International marketing stance IMO.

Made me smile when ATM SP went down in fear of Trump's tariffs some time ago..... little did they realise ATM USA is as American as pumpkin pie!

ATM's China milk supply is protected by sound free trade agreements between China and NZ/Aust.

Way to go ATM!! (Disc - Happy holder)

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Diversity of supply is one of the key strengths of ATM's 'Capital Light' International marketing stance IMO.

Made me smile when ATM SP went down in fear of Trump's tariffs some time ago..... little did they realise ATM USA is as American as pumpkin pie!

ATM's China milk supply is protected by sound free trade agreements between China and NZ/Aust.

Way to go ATM!! (Disc - Happy holder)
    Smile? Trump is trying to destroy Chinese middle class and rebuild US middle class. you really think US middle class would like A2 IF in the same way with Chinese? I assume Chinese domestic brand with overseas supply will raise.

A few transactions of less than 10 shares. I wonder who really wants to buy those.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    A few transactions of less than 10 shares. I wonder who really wants to buy those.
    Computer programs.