sharetrader

Anchor is a Fonterra brand name so presume they set the price, and they will always price to protect their other brands. Anyway Fonterra are just a side show in this market. Eyes front and watching where the real action is, the China IF market for A2 IF. Sp action will be interesting in the next few days before the shorters begin to play again. Discl. Still holding but watching carefully for sp direction.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Finally spotted Anchor lite A2 milk in my local Countdown yesterday and to say I was surprised at the price would be an understatement.
    I thought Synlait only paid a tiny premium (20 cents extra from memory) to farmers for their A2 milk supply ?
    Anyway at $6.37 for 2 liters I thought its quite clear that the cows are not the only ones being "milked"
    Picked up 4 liters of dairy dale regular milk at the dairy on the way home for $6.00.

Youi did well Couta1 selling in the late $13's...was getting a bit frothy there wasn't it !
    Good chance to get in now beagle for a few quick trades while the sp is in a bit of a dip. It may dip a bit more before going back up. Have topped up with 18 extra blocks from 9.70 to 13.11 in the last few months. Come on now ladies and gentle, lay your bets. The table will close in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Nice photo of our Jayne
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Nice photo of our Jayne
    Well, yes - but she does look a bit worried - doesn't she?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Finally spotted Anchor lite A2 milk in my local Countdown yesterday and to say I was surprised at the price would be an understatement.
    I thought Synlait only paid a tiny premium (20 cents extra from memory) to farmers for their A2 milk supply ?
    Anyway at $6.37 for 2 liters I thought its quite clear that the cows are not the only ones being "milked"
    Picked up 4 liters of dairy dale regular milk at the dairy on the way home for $6.00.
    Distribution is spreading, and picked some up in Stickman's local in Queenstown last week. Think it was $5.69 for 2 litres.

Not sure how well it is selling as got home and realized only had 3 days to use it before it expired.

First half revenues will be more than the $600m that’s mentioned in that Rticle.

BP ...Jayne not looking worried ...more coy because she’s knows sales will be more than $600m but can’t really signal that by looking happy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Report out of the UK Financial Times this morning (behind a paywall). Our inexperienced governemt need to get their act togeher urgently.

UK says Huawei is manageable risk to 5G

Blow to US efforts to ban Chinese company from allies’ telecoms networks
    Last edited by black knat; 18-02-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Happened to visit a Costco Wholesale supermarket in Melbourne over the weekend ... lots of A2 milk in the chiller, as well powdered offering.

Chinese women urged to have more babies: https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/asia/1...ficials-resist

And more importantly "Families complain of the soaring costs of housing, education, healthcare and safe food, an important consideration given China's frequent scandals over food and drug safety."

Just when you need safe nutritious food for your new born (or pregnant mum), who are you going to turn to?