sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Main thing to note is Gross Margins continue to improve (inputs and price)

EBITDA margins shrinking in H2 because of added investment in growth (doing what Heartland are doing and not holding back). You know that anyway

Even at 31%/32% full year EBITDA margin is higher than last year ...isn’t that good?
    Yes 31.5% EBITDA (mid point) is a nice improvement on 30.7% last year and a little above consensus expectations of 30.9% for FY19 https://www.marketscreener.com/A2-MI...22/financials/
    I am not sure however that the average market consensus of 37 cps is going to be exceeded by much if anything what with marketing doubling in the second half.
    If we work of 37 cps (average analyst expectation) the shares at $13.80 are on a forward PE of 37 which is right at the top end of their historical multiple range.
    One should not overlook the China concentration / regulatory risk with this stock which in my view is not priced into the stock at all.

Synlait on a forward PE of 19.6 with its more diversified business plan looks like a better risk reward investment at around $9.80 on around half the PE that ATM at $13.80.
    Remember that in many ways their fortunes are inextricably linked.
    Interestingly is we look right out to FY21 as far as the analysts are forecasting the eps growth rate of Synlait and ATM is the same and yet its priced on roughly half the PE.
    I think at just under $14 its a great time to lock in some profit before Herdlicker and her colleagues do.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, (so I will leave it at that and let you guys enjoy the day)...it just could be there's a better and safer way to play this growth story with Synlait.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-02-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    100,000 just gone through at $13.81. Someone taking profit and someone cross they didn't buy yesterday.
    Expect that was Seeweed closing out one of his trades...…..

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes 31.5% EBITDA (mid point) is a nice improvement on 30.7% last year and a little above consensus expectations of 30.9% for FY19 https://www.marketscreener.com/A2-MI...22/financials/
    I am not sure however that the average market consensus of 37 cps is going to be exceeded by much if anything what with marketing doubling in the second half.
    If we work of 37 cps (average analyst expectation) the shares at $13.80 are on a forward PE of 37 which is right at the top end of their historical multiple range.
    One should not overlook the China concentration / regulatory risk with this stock which in my view is not priced into the stock at all.

Synlait on a forward PE of 19.6 with its more diversified business plan looks like a better risk reward investment at around $9.80 on around half the PE that ATM at $13.80.
    Remember that in many ways their fortunes are inextricably linked.
    Interestingly is we look right out to FY21 as far as the analysts are forecasting the eps growth rate of Synlait and ATM is the same and yet its priced on roughly half the PE.
    I think at just under $14 its a great time to lock in some profit before Herdlicker and her colleagues do.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, (so I will leave it at that and let you guys enjoy the day)...it just could be there's a better and safer way to play this growth story with Synlait.
    need to remember in the long run manufacturers always get screwed as big customers demand better costs. a2 will be no different at some point in time.
    one step ahead of the herd

Guru

What price did Jayne sell out at? $12 something? Surely could have taken a loan out against them, and then pocketed another dollar or so.

Some of us hold both. (ye old favourite will be coming out of hibernation tonight!)

Investor

erdlicker and other insiders going to dump millions more shares on the market ?, (remembering they haven't been able to sell as insiders leading up to this announcement).
    Doesn't worry me a bit if and when all of them they sell out after delivering such a stupendous result for shareholders. They deserve to enjoy their hard work too.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Expect that was Seeweed closing out one of his trades...…..
    No, I only sell in 2000 to 3000 blocks during the day or a bigger block on open or close. Buying I have a different approach.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Doesn't worry me a bit if and when all of them they sell out after delivering such a stupendous result for shareholders. They deserve to enjoy their hard work too.
    No argument that Babbage deserves an extremely comfortable retirement as he has done wonders for this company over a long period of time.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

http://www.voxy.co.nz/business/5/332414

This piece reads better than today's result.

100,000 * $13.81 = $1,381,000 - fees. Hypothetically a person could build quite a deck.
    Last edited by Redmack; 20-02-2019 at 11:16 AM.