sharetrader
Page 636 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 13653658662663263363463563663763863964064668673611361636 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,360 of 23752

On a roll again. Grateful for small mercies that I have some. Glad I took a brave pill a few weeks back and topped up with some more at ~ $4.60...wish I had taken a double dose of that brave pill and topped up with twice as many lol
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-09-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    On a roll again. Grateful for small mercies that I have some. Glad I took a brave pill a few weeks back and topped up with some more at ~ $4.60...wish I had taken a double dose of that brave pill and topped up with twice as many lol
    Great stock, but not interested in it currently, doesnt suit my go big or go home disposition and nothing defensive about it in a correction.
    Last edited by couta1; 25-09-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I know the feeling ... and just wondering, whether ATM might be right now the best place for some more spare cash ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I know the feeling ... and just wondering, whether ATM might be right now the best place for some more spare cash ...
    Shame you didn't think about that when it was $2 only a year ago, horse has done a lot of hard laps since then.
    Last edited by couta1; 25-09-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Sourced from Hot copper...

https://www.fnarena.com/index.php/20...ed-for-growth/

Key highlight being...in relation to Synlait results and contribution of A2 to their sales and margin.

"Any new investment will be conditional on further growth in demand in advance of current projections but for the Bell Potter this highlights the optimism management has in the business. Furthermore, the broker envisages internalisation of the packaging of the a2 Milk adult nutrition product will be a potential profit driver in the second half. The broker estimates a2 Milk accounted for in excess of 80% of the company's consumer-packaged volumes and in excess of 30% of gross profit in FY17."
    Hi sb9, thanks for clarifying that. This is what I thought. I assume you realise that "80% of the company's consumer-packaged volumes" are different to 80% of their output? Most of their output (in volume) is milk powder going into large 25kg bags (i.e. not consumer packaged) - they have a huge warehouse full of them. Happy however to believe that the A2 cans ensemble around 80% of their 1kg can's (the consumer packaged volumes).
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Shame you didn't think about that when it was $2 only a year ago, horse had done a lot of hard laps since then.
    I did ... just not enough ;
    ----

Hi sb9, thanks for clarifying that. This is what I thought. I assume you realise that "80% of the company's consumer-packaged volumes" are different to 80% of their output? Most of their output (in volume) is milk powder going into large 25kg bags (i.e. not consumer packaged) - they have a huge warehouse full of them. Happy however to believe that the A2 cans ensemble around 80% of their 1kg can's (the consumer packaged volumes).
    What do they do with the 25kg bags ...stockpile?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    What do they do with the 25kg bags ...stockpile?
    I guess the same thing Fonterra does - they sell them .... and as Fonterra they try to buffer seasonal differences - i.e. the fill level of the warehouse will be dependant on the season.
    ----

Been super busy at work but in the very occasional quiet moment I have pondered the same thing...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investor

Big close on ASX at day's high of 5.73 equates to NZ 6.27...massive break out