sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I too have concerns. ATM's 'capital light' stance has been a great success and has placed them in an enviable debt free/cash rich position. I would hate to see that position squandered.

That said, the current management team are very astute and I've got a lot of faith in them.

Also Mataura is not done and dusted....... so let's and see what comes to pass.

And yes, A2 did increase their ownership of Synlait, however I suspect the prospect of ATM spreading their risks and not having all their eggs in one basket (so to speak) is very sensible (if they can manage it.)

I bet ATM are looking hard at some USA acquisitions too. Then again, they may well steer clear of acquisitions and stick to the strategic stake route that has worked so well for them so far.

Forgive my ramblings, but it's fascinating to observe.
    Absolutely, looking forward to 19/August/2020 . I am sure the current CEO is keeping his money where the pocket is.
    Last edited by tomm; 16-07-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by NZGohan View Post
    Can someone tell me why A2 SP crashes at 12pm on most days? Cheers
    That's the time when the ASX starts trading and the real work begins and any over-exuberance on behalf of morning trading on NZX gets punished.

That's the time when the ASX starts trading and the real work begins and any over-exuberance on behalf of morning trading on NZX gets punished.
    Good to know - Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by NZGohan View Post
    Can someone tell me why A2 SP crashes at 12pm on most days? Cheers
    Aussies eh!

Not sure hard work and Aussies go together but yeah! There are occasions where we slump in the morning and the aussies bump it up a dollar - just not often enough!

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted2 View Post
    Not sure hard work and Aussies go together but yeah! There are occasions where we slump in the morning and the aussies bump it up a dollar - just not often enough!
    Of course it goes both ways.... some traders claim to have done well trading the differences between the markets.

Speaking of Traders, I came across this video via a HC post. He says (if I surmise correctly) that Trading in ATM/A2M was on of his biggest mistakes. In one year he made approx 100% trading A2M....... but if he had just bought and held through that same year he would have made over 200%..... and much more if he had held longer. In short he regrets trading v holding (and doesn't even mention the tax impacts!) Here's the video link FYI. (and yes, he's an Aussie.)

Anyone out there with similar experiences?

(Disc - Held since before this Aussie woke up!)
    Last edited by Leftfield; 16-07-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Not with ATM (yet) but if I'd held on to every stock I've traded since March, I would be at least double the gains I've made through trading in that time, which in itself has been pretty respectable. But you can only work with what you know and I for one certainly wasn't expecting this V like bounce and associated craziness.

I was one of those. I have done both... traded and held some for long term as well. I made some good money with A2 and paid a decent chunk of taxes too (it is all good). I would have made a lot lot more if I had not traded so much. But hindsight is such a beautiful thing isn't it?

Same, if i had bought and held ATM when i started trading it back in Nov 2019 i would have been better off just holding. Can't same the same for the other shares i have been trading though.

Outside thinking.

Thanks for sharing your experiences Dotbond, Longy, Cyclical. I often wonder about the relative merits of Trading v holding long.