sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Thanks for posting Scooter. IMO the article makes it look like Fresha are operating without ATM's 'licensing' (hence the non-logo label.)
    However Patient Panda, there may well be a phase in/phase out period (perhaps until Anchor A2 milk is available throughout NZ and not just in the Nth Island.) Time will tell.

If Fresha Valley continues it would seem to shoot down much of ATM's claimed patent and logo protection while supporting a much cheaper A2 alternative.

(Although I'm a long term shareholder of ATM, I've been buying Fresha Valley for several years as it's always been stocked by the Countdown I favour and I thought it had ATM's 'blessing'. It's good quality and suits my non-A1 milk loving tummy)

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Thanks for posting Scooter. IMO the article makes it look like Fresha are operating without ATM's 'licensing' (hence the non-logo label.)
    However Patient Panda, there may well be a phase in/phase out period (perhaps until Anchor A2 milk is available throughout NZ and not just in the Nth Island.) Time will tell.

If Fresha Valley continues it would seem to shoot down much of ATM's claimed patent and logo protection while supporting a much cheaper A2 alternative.

(Although I'm a long term shareholder of ATM, I've been buying Fresha Valley for several years as it's always been stocked by the Countdown I favour and I thought it had ATM's 'blessing'. It's good quality and suits my non-A1 milk loving tummy)
    Agree on this on so many levels, I too am a share holder and have been buying Fresha Valley A2 for a long time due to taste, and cost. Still disappointed at Fonterra A2 being $1.50 more for the same volume.
    Stick to the strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

If you rang head office at ATM and tried to get a straight answer out of anyone you can bet they would decline to comment on the grounds of commercial sensitivity.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I believe Fresha Valley is still producing A2 milk under licence. Unless they've developed their own herd testing techniques in the past year. (I thought ATM had protected the IP around this? Although may have lapsed now)

Also just came across this, https://www.facebook.com/countdown/p...3424588700457/

Seems to be popular, have noticed there is now a lot more Fresha Valley on the shelves at my local countdown, before it was just a couple of rows, now they have crates stacked up.

Advanced Member

$178,000,000 went through for the day. Wow. Glad I’m onboard for now

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    $178,000,000 went through for the day. Wow. Glad I’m onboard for now
    Why are you glad?
    What difference will the re-balance to the NZX50 make to the share price on Monday?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Muppett View Post
    Why are you glad?
    What difference will the re-balance to the NZX50 make to the share price on Monday?
    None, it will either go up or down.

to be fair heavy volume is often a good thing for a a share price and supports conviction when it is rising.
    If you'[re saying that volume is artificial coz of rebalancing hmm maybe thats true. it goes through on the figures though and so counts doesnt it?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    to be fair heavy volume is often a good thing for a a share price and supports conviction when it is rising.
    If you'[re saying that volume is artificial coz of rebalancing hmm maybe thats true. it goes through on the figures though and so counts doesnt it?
    I have no idea, but if there is a buyer or every seller, then why is "heavy volume a good thing..." Someone is losing out?
    The 14m in total volume distorts the normal trading activity and subsequent analysis.
    Any econometric model would surely consider this an outlier?

Theres no change to the underlying business. Its just arbitrary and meaningless. Wait for next announcement from management and we’ll all be in for a treat I’m sure.